Site Overhaul Announcement

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I'm happy to hear about the upgrades and we are looking forward to becoming premium members as soon as it is available. Thank you for all the hard work guys and keep it up.

If you are in the forums directory the "Parent Forums" are creme and the "Child Forums" are a very light creme. In the thread blue is the dominate color.

On the new board we are going to get a little high tech and go for a natural picture??

I can't wait to see what it's going to be like when I get hooked back up to cable internet!!!

With the fancy new software does it have a "low bandwith" version for those of us on *cough, cough* dial-up *cough, cough* or just at the mercy of having to use actual satelittes for our internet connectivity? :D

A lot of web sites are not accesable to those of us that are deployed due to the massive amounts of bandwidth they take up with all the uber cool functions they have.

Well the new site should be fairly quick as we will have the SEO up and running in it and that is designed to keep things running fast for the spyders

I hope

Mojo

Wow, sounds exciting :) So neat that you guys are willing to go through the time and expense to do such an overhaul. Very generous of you. :)

With the fancy new software does it have a "low bandwith" version for those of us on *cough, cough* dial-up *cough, cough* or just at the mercy of having to use actual satelittes for our internet connectivity?

A lot of web sites are not accesable to those of us that are deployed due to the massive amounts of bandwidth they take up with all the uber cool functions they have.

Ok to answer this one a little bit better. Yes the site will be gadget and graphic intence and low bandwidth folks will take a hit for sure. BUT in saying that we spent the extra which will allow us more tools to help in this. One of the features is neat little chaching utility. SO long story short your first visit will hurt, but after that one it will be instant.

Hope it help

Mojo

"Way to go guys" You keep making the best even better, you guys deserve a pay raise... well at least a BIG round of applause.

Cheers, Todd

"Way to go guys" You keep making the best even better, you guys deserve a pay raise... well at least a BIG round of applause.

Cheers, Todd

I agree...Mojo and Scooty are really putting in a lot of time and effort to make the place better. :)

Back