Site Problems - Again

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

MtnDewMan

RF Premium Member
Sorry folks, got caught in a DOS attack and don't know what to do but to try and restore yet again. DOS = Denial of Service. They shut us down because whoever is hacking us is bogging down their entire network. So going to try and just load back up Reef Frontiers this weekend and nothing else on our server.

Sorry about this.
Chuck

Sorry to hear Chuck. Yet another week for you having to mess with the same thing. Hopefully this time it takes less time for your sake :)

Really sad that someone can be so cruel like that, trying to hurt such a good thing! I sure hope this time whomever leaves us alone!

Yes I have and am bill, but first things first, I need to get a bit stable. I found at least 100 files infected on my web site files with redirects to other places. Anyone ever hear of www.kgeba.com? Here is an example of what the link looks like. Do not follow it :)

http: // www. kgeba. com/ portal/ index.php ? aff=razec

You know i have actually been relocated to that site!

Hmm...I've never been re-directed anywhere :confused: Worse thing I have happen to me which is basically every day or two is I lose connection with RF while browsing ( sorta like I lost internet connection), but I don't actually lose internet connection. I can browse anywhere else on the web during this time just not here and it lasts for at the least 2 minutes each time and then the site loads back up. Sometimes it will happpen more than once a day and not just from my computer home. Weird :cool:

Have you tried to run a reverse lookup to determine the IP address of the computer that is hacking us and then give this information to the local authorities??

Well this has been happeneing to me at the very least for a month now, but I didn't really think too much of it. I'm not a person who really complains much about stuff anyways so I just didn't say anything. I only brought it up now because I'm thinking it may be related to what is going on. :)

Trust me, there is a bank involved and they have contacted authorities. Hope they can trace something down.

I wish I knew who was hacking us. I am hoping the server company can help in that regard.

Trust me, there is a bank involved and they have contacted authorities. Hope they can trace something down.

I wish I knew who was hacking us. I am hoping the server company can help in that regard.

Some people just have nothing better to do. It's pretty darn rediculous! :rolleyes:

Spongebob,

I agree. I hate visiting RC too, for this exact reason -- When trying to perform a search, you receive this dreaded (and hated) message:

Sorry. The search function has been temporarily disabled due to high server load. Please try your search again in a few minutes. Other site features will still be functional.

Check out our Premium Membership Program for higher priority access to the search engine as well as other nice features.

Tips & Trivia:
Banging on the search button rapidly only makes it less likely that you will get in. Please use common sense when accessing limited resources. Wait at least a few seconds before trying again - even better try again in a few minutes. Thanks!

Kirk

Hmm...I've never been re-directed anywhere :confused: Worse thing I have happen to me which is basically every day or two is I lose connection with RF while browsing ( sorta like I lost internet connection), but I don't actually lose internet connection. I can browse anywhere else on the web during this time just not here and it lasts for at the least 2 minutes each time and then the site loads back up. Sometimes it will happpen more than once a day and not just from my computer home. Weird :cool:

Well since the site came back up I haven't had this happen to me but for several months now I loose connection for no apparent reason but not Internet, just this site, I even switched providers mainly because of this & at first I thought I had it but then it started doing it again.

you have? from this site? when? how?

No not from this site but I have been redirected to that particular web site on at least two occasions within a few months apart. I didn't pay attention exactly what was going on but I think I was looking at other sites reef related or old links that are now dead. I just updated Norton AV, spybot destroyer, ad ware, scanned my machine which I do weekly, just in case I get a bug.

you don't mean this weekend as in today do you I hope not hopefully I'm MIS reading something

If not good luck and I'll miss you guys

Hope they catch the hacker thats doing it thats so uncool yet I still wish I knew how to hack stuff I'd make this the only reef site on the net LOL

Do people have nothing better to do I bet who ever is hacking us has a fresh water tank LOL with all the time on there hands no way a salt tank owner is that free of care LOL

Back