skimmer 101 the beast

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

lvsuckerfish

g funk
this skimmer was built by a good friend of mine this thing rocks...... attached is a video of the skimmer. this is on a empty tank just live rock and look at the muck it pulls out of the water can't wait to stock this tank up......

this was a going away gift.

the body is clear but looks white with all the bubbles in the body.

as for the reason I turned it off then on :)

ill put this one up against it justin... what till i finish the new bk mini im building..:)
2010-01-14155830.jpg

2010-01-14161501.jpg

4 days of skimate bro!!!!!!!!! nothing like the diy atb 1050 deluxe....
18f9b852.jpg

67ac6461.jpg

please send that one on down (up) here I will need another coming up soon also lol I have plans brewing. I am sketching out my man cave now lol.

whats the air coming in the cup for more silent? you know me i get a skimmer and connect it and turn it on bam I am done until I have to maintain it lol

Yup... Nice and silent, venturi never clogs due to it pulling moist air and better performance..;)

I think I am going to go vodka until the biopellets are out full swing I have a reactor already for them my old ca reactor. and do you still have the other 2 let me know how much I need monsters for this tank the brs won't cut it lol unless I add more units. which will be a PITA. I got the link for the vodka doseing I have a few bottles here now. get my corals drunk while I sip on a few beers. I will update my thread of my aqua scaping tomorrow when I get one half done. dang water is cold lol.

Get the new Warner marine pellets Jon just released.... There half the price and gonna take the world by storm.... I chit chatted with Jon for awhile man he Is very smart and stands behind all his products 100% ...;)

I got it up and running and runs like a champ i simplified my orginal plans and just used the pump that is on the reactor lol. instead of drilling holes . I plan on buying some more tools and going to get into this DIY stuff a little more because shipping is going to kill me to have you keep building all my reef toys lol. I will be out june july time frame when I get there I will give you a buzz. hit the local pubs lol

Back