skimmer air filters. do you use one?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

"skimmer air filters. do you use one?"

no...
open ur damn window somewhere in the house...

but you should make a ph buffering CO2 scrubber for your skimmer air imput:
Universal Air Filter - English
Modified 10
Color Changing Medical Grade CO2 Absorbent - Low Dust - English

Thanks skimmy but the only future addition I plan to make is to add a aligator clip directly in front of the air intake ( based on an idea from cheech and chong) so I can burn special herbs to take my corals to a higher level. I am assured better polyp extension and coral feeding! maybee crush up some cheetos and m&m's.....or do you think corals prefer doritoes?

I'm 45 and have had tanks since I was 10, starting with fresh and evolving to cichlid, brackish and finally reef.

Cleaners are a part of life - just be careful around the tanks and there should be no problems. I have never had a tank crash because of household chemicals - It's just a matter of common sense. I will admit that I use non-toxic stuff to clean my glass, etc. just because they're available and work well. There are plenty out there - Advanage, Method, Greenworks, etc. Here in the Northwest there are whole aisles of this stuff in your local Safeway. There's also the microfiber cloths that you can just use without cleaners.

I'm a candle fanatic (especially the highly fragranced soy kinds) and reed diffuser user (one in each room) - and haven't ever had the candles/fragrances cause a problem with the tanks.

Back