Skimmer build, need pump advice

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

So if this bad boy($15 in plastic) doesn't pan out( or skim out) is there a skimmer on the market that has no pump that i could put my $100 pump into?!? I had just had to get the diy thing out of my system. The wife is rolling her eyes.....

So we will bring this bad*ss skimmer over to adam's with us so you can see this ghetto magic for yourselves, hehehe...

You can pry score a used skimmer body somewhere. You can get an odyssea ps160 for like 60bux with a pump though. Which is what i would have suggested in the first place : )

Lets see some pics of the ghetto fab skimmer running

It may work with the stock plumbing, not sure. But that is a cheap body, or you could sell the sedra and just use the skimmer.......lol

I bought one of these to mod and it pulled 10-12scfh done and worked well. I was very surprised. Should be fine on a 55g or less.

Ok, Jason thinks he's going to come home and order that guy. And heres some pics of the thing when she was skimming, his hired helper, and the crummy new sump setup, w/ the amazing TWO crappy skimmers in it! Neither one pulls ANYTHING!!!!!

Seaclown meets the monster. Mark, the 160 does well with two layers of mesh and a new aspiring venturi.

So the shipping info says the PS 160 skimmer will be here friday!...I'll bring it to the "Frag-o-thon" so you can show me what you talking about Mark. I;ll bring the Sedra also so we can get that thing modded up. For now im gonna put the FrankenSkimmer on the back burner, I'll mess with it some day and try to make it work better.

Back