skimmer going coo coo :p

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

spongebob lover

flea whisperer
doods my skimmer (asm baby-g ) is going crazy on me right now :confused: .
i just did a water change...the only thing i did was pick one of my zoo rocks that has grape caulerpa all over...pick it and put it back in the tank.

as soon as i turn it on, it just has tons of bubbles overflowing the cup thingy :eek: :confused: .

is there anything i can do? should i let him take a break and then turn it on later ?

Hummmmmmm..........well if I wasn't such a neub I would say something. Sorry I can't help yet.
-

i would turn it off for now.

did you change the water height in your sump? did you have lotion on your hands? also look to see if there is anything stuck in the venturi

Hummmmmmm..........well if I wasn't such a neub I would say something. Sorry I can't help yet.

you can always say ..ouch :p .

did you change the water height in your sump? did you have lotion on your hands? also look to see if there is anything stuck in the venturi

no dood i didn't change the water height, i'll look in the pump and see if i can find anything , i did the tank and took a shower ... so no lotion involved dood.
Thank you dood :D.

i wouldn't leave it off for too long. can you lower the pipe where the water comes out of some so it doesn't flood the cup then slowly move it up?

can you lower the pipe where the water comes out of some so it doesn't flood the cup then slowly move it up?

really?? i didn't know i could do that dood:p.

Gabbs to add what Chris mentioned, is the water pumping out of the skimmer clear??

ya dood, it's all clear :(....(if it only was gunk instead of water :rolleyes: :p :D )

My skimmer use to go on spells like that every so often. Not sure what sets it off, but my AquaC EV-120 flodded the floor a few times. I had to re-adjust it and then it was fine. Not sure if that is the case with yours:)

Not sure what sets it off

you ! :lol::lol:....j/k :D.

i wish this thing would have a valve or something to adjust flow :rolleyes: ....well i guess i can always try moding it in a few years from now :p

HOLA Gaby ¿de dónde el aire viene adentro con la empresa, es cualquier cosa que la bloquea? ¿usted ha comprobado el impeledor para saber si hay cualquier cosa como un pedazo de las algas o del caracol pegado en él? la mayoría del tiempo cuando las desnatadoras comienzan el flooding su porque se obstruye el aire y eso permite que la bomba bombee más agua. espero que usted no importe de mí que juega con el traductor del babelfish:)

very humerous when you convert that back to english

HELLO Gaby from where the air comes inside with the company, is any thing that blocks it? you have verified the impeledor to know if there is any thing like a piece of the seaweed or the snail stuck in him? most of the time when the cream separators begin flooding his because the air is obstructed and that allows that the pump pumps more water I hope that you do not matter of me who plays with the translator of babelfish

Sponge...you can add an elbow on the overflow pipe of the skimmer and then a gate or ball valve to adjust the flow, or your overflow should be in two pieces...the external tube that moves up and down (wet vs dry skim). When I change my collection cup, I take that part off and the bubbles drop way down. When I want to wet skim, I pull up on the tube and bada bing....

Experiment a little. I have an Octopus NW150, but the design is nearly identical to the ASM.

Kris

:lol: i should have translated it back myself. who would have thought a skimmer would translate to a cream separator:lol:

Did you change anything else besides water? Filter pad, filter sock, etc...or was it only the zoo rock you messed with?

Do what Chris says and check the venturi. When was the last time you cleaned the venturi, or run RO/DI through it?

Typically when the skimmer goes nuts with no other major known changes it is from the following:
1. Plugged venturi or return
2. Higher water level in sump
3. Surfactant (trace quantity of soap, etc)
4. Bad skimmer to begin with

HOLA Gaby ¿de dónde el aire viene adentro con la empresa, es cualquier cosa que la bloquea? ¿usted ha comprobado el impeledor para saber si hay cualquier cosa como un pedazo de las algas o del caracol pegado en él? la mayoría del tiempo cuando las desnatadoras comienzan el flooding su porque se obstruye el aire y eso permite que la bomba bombee más agua. espero que usted no importe de mí que juega con el traductor del babelfish

LMAO !!! :lol: :lol: you know i should be ashamed ... i only understood half of what it says :lol: :p.

well i checked to see if there was any snail in there and ..nothing .
i moved the sponge up and down and ... nothing :p.
i was starting to get pretty upset ..but then i said ...screw this!! and left it running and overflowing and after about 2 mins ..it calmed down and now it's back to normal :confused: :confused:

Sponge...you can add an elbow on the overflow pipe of the skimmer and then a gate or ball valve to adjust the flow, or your overflow should be in two pieces...the external tube that moves up and down (wet vs dry skim). When I change my collection cup, I take that part off and the bubbles drop way down. When I want to wet skim, I pull up on the tube and bada bing....

Experiment a little. I have an Octopus NW150, but the design is nearly identical to the ASM.

i'm thinking pretty soon i'll mod it dood ...but just for now it'll have to stay like this .

i should have translated it back myself. who would have thought a skimmer would translate to a cream separator

yummi ...cream separator :p...it reminds me whipping cream for some reason :p:lol:

Did you change anything else besides water? Filter pad, filter sock, etc...or was it only the zoo rock you messed with?

Do what Chris says and check the venturi. When was the last time you cleaned the venturi, or run RO/DI through it?

no girl ..i haven't messed with it ...until not with the zoo rock ... i was gonna leave the caulerpa in there ...but it seems to be killing my zoos so i had to do something about it .

i haven't cleaned it :p...well until yesterday :p.

Like i said i don't know why it decided to go nuts on me ...but sure i'm glad its working now :).

Jagshemash, did lowering the output fix it? Thats what I do on my mini, and it seems to do the job. How do you like your skimmer other then today? I love mine, I think you recommended it to me, so thank you, It's the bomb! Hope it keeps working for ya.

Back