Skimmer question......

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

porksoda

Nano-Reefer
Well recently my friend gave me a brand new Current Fission Power Protein Skimmer Model 8102. Here are the specs: http://current-usa.com/fissionpowerskimmer.html
And i have it on a 55 gallon tank no coral.
But my question is it says i am suppost to have the top bubbles right below the inner collection cup by turning the blue knob around to lower and raise it. But it doesnt go that low, the water goes all the way to the top of the inner collection cup. I dont know how to lower it. Any ideas? Thanks alot!Later,

Pablo

Well see the problem i am running into is the cup on top keeps filling up way too fast with water! I have to empty it like every 30 mins

yes the blue knob should do the trick.

Do you have a picture on how you have it set up on your tank?
There are a few reasons why the water level would be too high.

yes the blue knob should do the trick.

Do you have a picture on how you have it set up on your tank?
There are a few reasons why the water level would be too high.

Well i dont have any pictures of it on my tank yet but it is mounted on the back and it is mounted and hooked up just like the instructions says.

Need to make sure the blue valve is fully open. What kind of valve do they use?
When you turn it does it go all the way around or does it stop at some point?

please keep us informed on your progress, im pretty interested in these for hang on skimmers, they look easy to mod too.

as far as adjusting your skimmer, is the skimmer body full of bubbles?
is there any difference in water level at all when you turn the blue knob?

Need to make sure the blue valve is fully open. What kind of valve do they use?
When you turn it does it go all the way around or does it stop at some point?

Well the knob just spins and spins and when i am turning it the water is going up and down in the collection cup on top. i think i have it right now. Its wierd cuz i had to do it like 4 times and i finally got it where i wanted it. It was just hard cuz it kept over flowing. But i would turn it off then turn the knob over alot and try it out to see if it worked and it took like 4 times till i got it. :)

please keep us informed on your progress, im pretty interested in these for hang on skimmers, they look easy to mod too.

as far as adjusting your skimmer, is the skimmer body full of bubbles?
is there any difference in water level at all when you turn the blue knob?

Yes the body if full of bubbles. When i turn the blue knob it makes the water go up and down in the collection cup.
Man that skimmer is really working! It has all ready got alot of gunk in the collection cup.

Is the gunk stuff in the collection cup suppost to be liquidy or foamy cuz i think i have heard of ppl having foam.
Cuz mine is liquid.

Ohhh yes I know what they are using now..

Turn it slowly.. I mean slowly and you will see the water rise then fall.
The turboflotor uses the same valves. Hard to describe it but if you were able to see how it was made then you will have an understanding on how it works.

As they say.. keep on skimming!

Back