Skimmer????

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

bjlind8888

i think my skimmer is taking a plundge.. i have a 50g that is currently curing.. but i plan on throwing about 5 fish med size as in clowns chromis and others like that.. and i plan on putting softys/lps in there... i have done alot of reading and still unsure on which one is good. also i want a in sump style... so i thought i would ask the nice folks on RF.. i am looking into buyin one that is cost effective..since times are ruff out there.. any input would be nice thanks brandon

check the used forum for a decent used one. I'm pretty happy with my Octopus 150 skimmer. I think it performs better with the pin wheel impeller over the needle wheel.

the bubble magus nac6 is a better skimmer than the comparable vertex in-100 or octopus nw-150, and it costs $150.
and the nac7 cone for $250 is the cheapest cone out there, with more than enough power for 55g (540 lph air injection).
both skimmers use a modified atmann 2500 pump (mesh wheel impeller, and bigger magnet).

isnt the SWC skimmer a lil overload it says for a heavy bio load for a 150 im only running a 50g medium to light bioload..

Back