Skimmer

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

and you couldnt pay me to buy a vertex skimmer...

If i had a dollar for every email/pm about someones shytte resun failcat pump on their vertex skimmer, amd what should they replace it with...

I'm suggesting what I like just like you are.. I have done my homework and it shows... What kind of skimmer are you running???

Holy crap people... I just wanted some feedback on my skimmer... now it looks like I have created a war! OK, so Justin, I may take you up on that skimmer trade. I am going to look at one in Olympia from a fellow reefer on here, the guy you got the Mag from I think. I am going tonight so I will text/call you while I am out. Everyone else, thanks for all the feedback. My tank is a 92 gallon corner with an overflow in the back. I am new to sumps but trying to learn. Can someone tell me what the bio balls are for? I have a whole bunch of them but did not know what to use them for. Where do they go? My sump has 4 compartments, I have a light, LR & chaeto in the 3rd one...

Rachel

bio balls are nitrate factories...they made good needle wheel impellers back in the day but now are garbage!!!!;)

....and are also REQUIRED inside the injector column of the reef devil skimmer in order for it to work properly. it is also important to use the Lee's diamond shaped ones if you want slightly better performance(chops up the air better than the round bioballs).

Maybe they are I never played with them and I wouldn't... Askoll is where it's at!! Lagunas can't be touched!! You can build a simple tube skimmer that's more efficiant than a injection so why bother??

Where do I put the bio balls in the skimmer chamber... just drop them in the top? Put them in the side? Fill it up completely or just add a few? Crap I really am a newbie... I miss my CPR backpack!!!

Back