Skimmers, AquaC EV180 or PMBullet2?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

memer

I am trying to decide between two different skimmers for my 115 gallon tank. Skimmer will be operating in a 50 gallon sump, with an auto top off to maintain water level. I am trying to decide between a PM Bullet 2 with pump and an AquaC EV180 without pump. Both used. As with most of us, my funds are limited and I can pick either one of these and be within my price range. I am looking for easy to use, no fuss and performance. Opinions would be greatly appreciated!

What is your price range? Perhaps you could spend a little more upfront on a more efficient skimmer and then save money on electricity costs over time.

the problem is i would not say that ether one is a set and forget type of skimmer. I owned the PM XL2 skimmer and could not stand it.
I would look for a needle wheel in sump skimmer I am sure you can find one in your price range.
By the way what is your price range?

just checked the 4 sale threads and found two needle wheel skimmers one for 100 bucks and the other for 200 bucks

I am trying to decide between two different skimmers for my 115 gallon tank. Skimmer will be operating in a 50 gallon sump, with an auto top off to maintain water level. I am trying to decide between a PM Bullet 2 with pump and an AquaC EV180 without pump. Both used. As with most of us, my funds are limited and I can pick either one of these and be within my price range. I am looking for easy to use, no fuss and performance. Opinions would be greatly appreciated!

what is your budget...I wouldnt suggest either of those skimmers

Skimmer

My budget is less than 150.00. I was looking on ebay because I have a large credit to use. I am not looking for a plug in and forget it type skimmer, just something efficient I don't have to check on every few hours. I appreciate suggestions of models I can look for.

Save up another $100 (well a little more) and pick up one of the SWC's great skimmers for the money. I run one on my 200 gallon system.

They sell them on ebay.

he got a 150 dollar budget are you willing to sell one for that?

If he is Ill take one. But those prices right now are crazy good anyway. This hobby isnt cheap and we all know that but $150 budget for a 165 gallon system isnt really going to get you anything that will work.

If he is Ill take one. But those prices right now are crazy good anyway. This hobby isnt cheap and we all know that but $150 budget for a 165 gallon system isnt really going to get you anything that will work.

Very nicely stated young man!!!

Last edited:
I would really like to get the WM but don't have the cash right now. By the time I was able to save up, it will be gone and I haven't filed tax return yet. Living expenses and medical bills get in the way! Thank you for the non critical suggestion, just the type I was hoping to get. The skimmer you recommended is very similar to a smaller version I already have. I will keep it in mind! Thanks!

Back