Skinz's 12g nano.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

skinz78

clam guy!
Hey guys and gals, I thought I would add my 12g nano. It has been up and running for approx 3 or 4 months now. I currently have a Nova Extreme 24" T5 4 bulb fixture over it. I have a 50 w stealth heater in it. and a rio power head. No skimmer, just frequent 2 g water changes. If you wish to view this tank from day one you can do so here.

I have a Koralia nano on order for it now.

inhabitants include:
8 redleg hermits
8 adult nassarus snails - they laid eggs and now I can see hundreds of babies in there.
1 sun coral
1 flourescent green star polyp frag
1 frilly mushroom rock
1 watermelon mushroom rock
1 acropora frag
1 pocillipora frag - I think it dropped 3 polyps though
2 zoanthus frags
1 fox coral frag
and 1 toad stool leather frag.

For some reason my photobucket saved the pics very small and I deleted them from my computer. Sorry.

This pic has a small polyp that I have circled. I think my Pocillipora has dropped 3 polyps. :thumbsup:

bc969201-1.jpg

Some zoo's and shrooms

13dcfda5.jpg

Toadstool leather frag

574b3dd6.jpg

FTS

cffd05cf.jpg

Last edited:
youll like the korala nano i have one in my 12g tank and i like it alot. has just the right amunt of push for such a small area :)

Thanks Slim Jim, I have tried a Maxi Jet 1200 and it had the whirlpool effect. This Rio is just a temporary solution, I normally use it to mix my kalk for a little bit when I make Kalk watter. The Rio is old and the suction cups are shot. So yeah I hope the Koralia is the answer.

Ok so I have been doing a lot of changes lately, I added the Koralia nano wich is great. I have also added quit a few corals and some of Chris&barbs baby clown fish.

Update pics:

FTS
IMG_3764.jpg

Even though all the clams died I left some shells in there, this one has a crazy sponge growing off of it now. I will probably have to remove it as I view this type of sponge as a PITA.
IMG_3762.jpg

If you look closely in this pic you can see my baby pocillipora's putting on some growth. I have 6 that I can see.
IMG_3761.jpg

My bright green star polyps.
IMG_3759.jpg

Sun coral.
IMG_3758.jpg

Baby rose bubble tip nem. I put the middle sized one of my 3 in here, it was having issues with the current in the 75g.
IMG_3757.jpg

Two Acan frags, no matter how many times I glued them down in the 75g they got knocked off.
IMG_3756.jpg

My tube nem, another one who couldn't handle the flow in the 75g. I just put it in there yesterday and it scooted behind the rocks, it is coming back out though.
IMG_3755.jpg

man that tank looks awsomeand i like how the clowns are hosting the torch coral lol. Awsome looking sun coral as well i was always debating on tryng them out and they look great in ur tank so i might venture on that one

Some update pic's.

FTS

IMG_3988.jpg

My buddy Bill "atlantisaquatic" brought me some frags last nite. :D

Pink Milli
IMG_3989.jpg

Purple polyp Birdsnest, and a nice Blastomussa Merletti
IMG_3990.jpg

Green tip Acro and my little nem posing
IMG_3991.jpg

Green Hydrophnepora
IMG_3993.jpg

And some random shots of my existing corals.

FINALLY a pic that truly depicts my RBTA's color
IMG_3992.jpg

My tube nem
IMG_3994.jpg

Thanks Myteemouse, I have 3 of the nems now, my original scooted into the rocks and stayed there, bleached then came out all stressed and split 3 ways. Now they are all colored up nicely and growing like crazy. This one was only about the size of a dime when it split. I had it in my 75g and it was having issues so I put it in here and it is fine now.

Thanks Thinkin Reef, yep it is navy blue on the outside and spring green on the inside. I saw it at The Shark Reef and Matt made me a deal I couldn't refuse. Now I want another for the opposite corner of the tank.

Some new pic's from the new cam, still figguring it out though.

LOL I change this tank arround so fast that I can't keep up with the update pic's.

Pocillipora
DSCN0039.jpg

Finally I get a good pic of this Acan.
DSCN0038.jpg

My othe Acan.
DSCN0037.jpg

One of Chris&barbs frags.
DSCN0036.jpg

My big green toad.
DSCN0035.jpg

geez Skinz, you growing aiptasia or what?:lol:

clean them out before they get into your display man

Naw the orange crush I have had for quite a while.

LOL the Aptasia's I have added a Peppermint shrimp just last week so we'll see.

peppermints wont always do the job. I would get a syringe and either boiling water or a kalkwasser paste and nuke em.

Tom

Back