Sleeping fish

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I have seen clowns rest on the bottom of bare tanks before to. I worked at a place that raised many false perc's and the tanks they were in was a wall unit with seperations and about 150gal. of water. The babies even would lay on the bottom, as if they were resting, not sleeping.

shallowreef said:
i lost power for about an hour and a half. Do you think it effected anything in my tank? When i woke up for work this morning i didn't see any polyps out like i usually do. I don't think an hour and a half could drop the temp in my tank that much.

I doubt your temp varied much in that time. I would be more concerned with a heavy bioload causing CO2 build-up. Keep an eye on them, and you may want to check your water parameters. I've had my pumps off to do maintenance for that amount of time, so I wouldn't think too much about it. There are battery powered airstones you can buy that turn on when the power goes out. I have two for my tank, but only pull them out when the power is out (which doesn't do me much good if I'm not home).

rustyf88 said:
Hey Nikki, you know who I am, I sit right behind Jeremy at PA.

OMG! ROFL - you guys are probably laughing at me! LOLOL I just PMed you again. Gaaa! :oops: :p

Back