Small rock

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Zerc

I removed a piece of live rock from my tank, and a small piece of shell or something maybe 1/3 of an inch across fell and landed in the middle of my anemone! Should i try to remove it? (how?). Or should i leave it? will the anemone or clown eventually remove it?

The anemone will remove it. I wouldnt worry about it. But if you have a pair of long handle tweezers you can grab it or a turkey baster and just blow it out or use your hand to make waves and blow it out.

I have had a few different types of nems and I would just grab it and pull it off. I have yet to ever have a nem sting me or if I have been stun I didnt notice it but thats just me.... My suggestion to you is to use some tongs with ruber tips if you have them or just wave it off.

I have had a few different types of nems and I would just grab it and pull it off. I have yet to ever have a nem sting me or if I have been stun I didnt notice it but thats just me.... My suggestion to you is to use some tongs with ruber tips if you have them or just wave it off.

I would use my hand too but I was not going to suggest a bad habbit. I handle my nem bare handed with no problems. I only got stung once. I was moving it to another tank and while it was out of the water I brushed my forearm across it and ended up with welts for a week. Man it hurt!

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2

I tried the tweezer method, it worked great! (the clown fish did not appreciate me, but it will live)

I would use my hand too but I was not going to suggest a bad habbit. I handle my nem bare handed with no problems. I only got stung once. I was moving it to another tank and while it was out of the water I brushed my forearm across it and ended up with welts for a week. Man it hurt!

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah I have noticed that the coral and nems really wont to much to a spot where your skin is thinker like the palms of your hands, but where its thinner like on your forearm WATCH OUT lol.

Glad you got it out. I would have suggested pointing a powerhead at it if the turkey baster didn't work. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back