"smells like teen spirit"

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

lol nope i smell my skimmer when i empty it. Dont know i think its cause if it does really stink it isnt doing its job..

my wife gets pissed when i clean it in the kitchen sink. really clears the room of anybody. lol. so do i sniff it no. have no choice but to smell it.

My skimmer cup was so full the other day that it spattered on the wall......gross!! I try to hold my breath while dumping it out and clean out the cup. Thank goodness my husband took the skimmer apart and clean the whole thing yesterday....it's now sparkly. Yes, my skimmer is sparkling clean:lol::D

Hahahah nice, I don't smell the cup with intent, but it's a lot like smelling your own fart or ear wax. You don't really want to smell it, but you just can't help it. That F'n foul smell is the taste of a skimmer doing it's job, and your there to make sure it's on the up and up!

I cleaned mine today man talk about black stinky muck and I just added live stock to my 240 from my 29 ouch I am going to hate when i feed. I can't imagine it getting worse then on an empty tank with just live rock lol.

My skimate is generaly not to foul smelling but WHOA the day after night feeding 'Cyclop-Eeze to corals... will definately get your attention

Todd

Originally Posted by saltwaterfishes
Yes, my skimmer is sparkling clean

Now that the skimmer is clean, I bet you will find it working more effieciently.
(which is more odor) (in my best George Carlin voice) :D:D

LOL after reading this i decided to go and smell it... bad idea... dont know why i did it,,, i guess if everyone else has done it...i follow...LOL great toppic Adam :)

I new this thread would give me some Sunday entertainment LOL
Thanks guys..
At least I know I'm not the only weird one on here..

I sniffed the skimmer cup once and only once right after i broke in my swc

After a violent heaving in the bathroom i have concluded i will never do that again

Oh I admire the rich aroma of the frothy venti cold SWC cappuccino every morning after breky. Just clears the sinuses and the room of wife.

Oh you only need to sniff it to make sure it's working properly? OK who is the wise guy who told me i was supposed to taste the skimmage for traces of bacteria or ammonia? Really funny guys....

Back