Snaz up your stand - Example

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

class clown

So first off, my stand is my least favorite part of my setup. Just personal preference, but I prefer a darker richer color and square corners vs. rounded. I'll eventually upgrade in a few years or so when we get a new house so I don't want to invest the time or money in a new stand right now, but I did want to dress it up a little bit. So, here's what I did.... I added a little hardware and trimmed out the doors this weekend. Pretty cheap and easy to do, but I think it makes it a little better. :D :D :D

Before shot:

307810375_fdc5204b40_b.jpg

And, the after shot :) :) :) :

367205320_8dc62e24cf_b.jpg

Thanks Jason. Not sure about the growth of the corals - still to early to tell. But I can tell you that i LOOOOOOOVE 'em. Never seen better colors in my corals ever.

Looks Great!, It is amazing what a little trim does to a tank!
BTW what are you talking about getting a new house? your house is new!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Matt

I need a new frag of your slimmer, mine died during the transfer from tank to tank! :cry:

LMK
Matt

Hey Matt - thanks for the compliment - it is amazing- gives the room a different feel.. No problem on the slimer, as you can see it hasn't shrunk much since you were up last. just shoot me a Pm whenever you want to stop by.

Guess I should've said "different" house vs. new.. just want something a little bigger. Still a few years off though.

are you going to be in the south at all here in the near future?
I would love for you to come by and see my new cube!
also do you have any other sps your able to frag?

Matt

I see you have your entertainment center plugged in to the fish tank? nice nice =P

Btw the slimer frag I got from you looks like a much different shade of green in my tank! Is the almost aquamarine color a camera artifact or do they look like that in person?

are you going to be in the south at all here in the near future?
I would love for you to come by and see my new cube!
also do you have any other sps your able to frag?

Matt

Hey Matt - no plans to come down that way soon although I agree, I'd love to check the new cube out in person sometime. Other SPS besides slimer... we could come up with some purple tip acro, blue stag, green monti, red monti, green monti with neon green monti polyp, or pink mili. PM me when interested.

wwou dood heheh :) .
it does make a difference :D .
i think i'm gonna have to make the husband be a little bit more crafty :p:D

What kind of 12K bulbs and ballast are you using?

Hey Brian, I've had a PFO dual 250w ballast (magnetic) and am running the reeflux 12ks which IMO look more like 20ks. I've been really happy with the color of the corals and still TBD on growth, but when it comes down to lighting as you know, it's all personal preference.

I see you have your entertainment center plugged in to the fish tank? nice nice =P

Btw the slimer frag I got from you looks like a much different shade of green in my tank! Is the almost aquamarine color a camera artifact or do they look like that in person?

Yup....fishies like to hear music too don't ya know :D :D

Ok yeah Jesse, on the color change, that is 100% due to these crazy new lights I got. before, the slimer was a bright yellow with a ting of green, but under these new lights, it is that aquamarine color you are refering too. kinda crazy right? Here are a couple comparson shots so you can see

before
http://www.flickr.com/photos/11603037@N00/305056079/in/set-72157594428893156/

after new lights:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/11603037@N00/305056069/in/set-72157594428893156/

Last edited:
Interesting, I have the same ballasts; I'll have to borrow one of your bulbs some time and see how they look!

You bet. Jason did it for me and I'd be glad to let you try 'em out sometime. I bet that Angel you have would really SCREEAAM with color under them. I know my Mandarin looks really crazy.

Back