So far this season who has lost power??? Were you prepared?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

MC Lighting

A Little Overboard!
I was out walking the dogs tonight and its a very windy wet night here in Issaquah...

I noticed that the lights have been flickering quite a bit latley of course I don't notice in the house since my main lighting is on the inverter system I only notice if its enough of a blip that the halides reset (not on backup power).

So I was just wondering how many people have lost power this season so far? And for those who have or have not how many actually got thier generators out of the garage and fired up for the season???

This weather always reminds us to be prepared!

3028297464_503c2312a5.jpg

3028296976_a9871ca696.jpg

I live in Edmonds and I have been thinking of buying a generator. I spoke with my wife Julia, and she thinks that it is a great idea, especially as we are trying to conceive our first child. Did I marry the right woman or what?

lol yeah its bad enough I have it all its even worse I know how it all works and know how to wire it all up hunh??? Gas4544 I think you may have done well there buddy!

Yeah, I did darn well. It took three engagements to three gals to find the right woman willing to actually marry me. This one is a keeper, and she encouraged me to get back into reefing after a six year hiatus. Now she is sharing my pasiion for reefing with me. Yeah, life is good. We plan to set up a seahorse tank for Julia.

Gary

pretty cool well be one of the smart ones and get the generator before the tank.... I cannot believe how many poeple think that its not necessary or is stupid to have a insurance policy for such a huge investment.

Mine actually went out last night.... not sure for how long, cause the generator kicked on :) All the clocks except the Atomic were reset.

Haven't lost power yet, but I am prepared. I have a 13,000 watt guardian automatic standby generator that is hooked up to my natural gas line. It provides power to the majority of the house including my 375 gallon tank and all QT tanks that are connected in the garage.

i went out and bought a honda eu2000I runs both of my tanks fully on eco power....
should work great... granted i havent had to use it yet... kindda want to but glad i havent had 2 use it yet..

Im thinking of geting my self 2 UPS's one 300watt for the large tank and one 150 for the smaller tank... just so that the lights dont go off when the power surges

only problem is the althugh fast transfer time on the UPS may not be fast enough to keep fthe halides rom a reset... At least on the hamiltons it takes almost nothing to get them to reset with a blip.

really?

I was reading on that... and they say thats what its for...

we use a bunch of apcs at work for that use.. (not lighting) but persision welding..

ither way im gonna try it,

I was out walking the dogs tonight and its a very windy wet night here in Issaquah...

I noticed that the lights have been flickering quite a bit latley of course I don't notice in the house since my main lighting is on the inverter system I only notice if its enough of a blip that the halides reset (not on backup power).

So I was just wondering how many people have lost power this season so far? And for those who have or have not how many actually got thier generators out of the garage and fired up for the season???

This weather always reminds us to be prepared!

3028297464_503c2312a5.jpg

3028296976_a9871ca696.jpg

mc do u remember about 2 years ago in issaquah that Huge snow storm and windstorm i think i lost power for 2 weeks and my family huddled near the gas fireplace for warmth. Crazy weather >_< im glad i didnt have a tank back then.

My generator stopped in a power outage last year and I put off fixing it until a few weeks ago. I tore down the carb and o\put it back together. 10 minutes after I got it running the power went out! Was only out for about an hour. But I felt so prepared. I'm ready now. Bring on the darkness.

we lost power for 7 days earlier this year.Thanks to an atomatic gaurdian generator nothing at all was lost in our greenhouse.The power outage was wide spread(over 700,000 in our area alone)and saddly many of our friends lost everything.,

Back