So long for now

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is ashame that politics is starting to ruin this site.:confused:

when i felt like getting out for awhile after the tank crash i would just come on to read the posts of you and gabs talking about random hilarity.

don't worry dood, we're planning on hijacking back like the old days :D :lol:

Not so sure the tolerance we enjoyed in the old day's will be seen again. I have observed harmlessly sarcastic and funny posts get jumped on and deleted. Humor is in the eye of the beholder. Many of my old Reef Frontiers mentor friends no longer post due to being slapped one too many times. A few have called it politics, some think it is other issues. "Starting down the slippery slope" of censorship can be much a buzz-kill as uncontolled hostilty. Censorship is a sign of dis-respect.

Judgmental oversight seems to miss the bigger picture of the value of pure entertainment. I mainly read and contribute here as a means of blowing off stress from family medical stuff and my stressful type of work. Much of my writing here is just satire, some humor, but much is content added, as a pro-bono contribution to Reef Frontiers and the hobby.

Ya, RF stats are probably up. New paid sponsors, newby members, total post count stabile. But there are many ways to assign quality. Sorry for the sermon, but even sorrier to have Krish no longer being a respected moderator for the newbies. His wet shoes will be impossible to fill.

Many previous great contributers and personal site friends now prefer to say nothing in lieu of stirring the pot. I can list dozens of RF old timers with 1000s of excellent posts who rarely even bother to sign on. Sadly, a pot that is never stirred gets ruined...

Not so sure the tolerance we enjoyed in the old day's will be seen again. I have observed harmlessly sarcastic and funny posts get jumped on and deleted. Humor is in the eye of the beholder. Many of my old Reef Frontiers mentor friends no longer post due to being slapped one too many times. A few have called it politics, some think it is other issues. "Starting down the slippery slope" of censorship can be much a buzz-kill as uncontolled hostilty. Censorship is a sign of dis-respect.

Judgmental oversight seems to miss the bigger picture of the value of pure entertainment. I mainly read and contribute here as a means of blowing off stress from family medical stuff and my stressful type of work. Much of my writing here is just satire, some humor, but much is content added, as a pro-bono contribution to Reef Frontiers and the hobby.

Ya, RF stats are probably up. New paid sponsors, newby members, total post count stabile. But there are many ways to assign quality. Sorry for the sermon, but even sorrier to have Krish no longer being a respected moderator for the newbies. His wet shoes will be impossible to fill.

Many previous great contributers and personal site friends now prefer to say nothing in lieu of stirring the pot. I can list dozens of RF old timers with 1000s of excellent posts who rarely even bother to sign on. Sadly, a pot that is never stirred gets ruined...

Couldn't have said it better myself......:)

Your so far off base here I don't know where to start! We haven't changed the way we moderate this forum from day one, If you don't believe that go back to the very beginning. All I see is a small group that continually whines every time something doesn't go their way. If you look at the amount of few times we had to step in & compare that to other good reef sites you'll realize we usually step in way less. I know this because I'm a member of most of the top sites & know people who mod them for many years.
This is a reef site key word being REEF!
Many posters have spent lots of time posting here & after a while stop or slow down because it takes up too much of their time. Lots of things that goes on around here you don't & will never see, thanks to a great staff.
If you're here for stress relief or to BS with your pals then maybe you should move on to a site that is designed for that. For you to come out an blast this site like this is completely childish & I'll personally not accept your mud dragging this place like that!
If you have a problem with what I say please PM me & don't hold back!

When I was laying in a hospital bed and doctors were telling me I would probably never walk again, one of my friends called me. His name was Krish. Krish was my friend then, is my friend now, and will always be my friend. Hopefully none of you will ever understand how important a single phone call can be.

With that said, the tone that this thread is taking is turning quite negative IMO. If you want to pay your respects to Krish, I would love that. He knows what he means to me and maybe you should make sure he knows what he means to you.

I've modded many forums. How one chooses to proceed on a difficult post is always complicated. You are literally walking along a tightwire. Half of the members can say, "Why wasn't that deleted" and the other half can say, "I cannot believe they deleted that". The work that the mods do is unpaid and not really appreciated. However, it is not censorship.

Krish needs some time with his family right now. I would really hate to see his exit be marred by arguments. I would much rather have you just tell him how much he was appreciated. If you have other issues, that's fine, but here's where you put them http://www.reeffrontiers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=28

Krish,

I'm sorry to hear that you've decided to leave us. You brought alot of fun here...Gabby's gonna have some big sandals to fill. Please return when you're able 'cause you will be missed.

Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back