So Mad!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I was going to comment the same... I wonder if it's a spawn event. What does the neck of the skimmer look like? Any chance it has a yellowish cottage cheese texture? Thick yellow foam built up the neck?

EDIT: And the ammonia means something died. Is anything missing, AT ALL?

Well it seems things are calming a bit in the tank. Cloudiness gone and ammonia at 0. I might have to frag my large colony of A. tizardi. death toll was just all my Xenia ( about 4 stalks) which probably got the skimmer going crazy. My only concern now is the pH is a little high 8.5, I'll just keep an eye on it. Oh, and the coral beauty with the ich.......greatly reduced spotting!
I am not really sure what happened here but i am glad:) it is in remission. Not sure if I will ever figure out what happened, just stoked:razz: that it's over with very few casualties!

How were you tring to get rid of your xenia? I agree that dying could do it.
If your not allready running extra carbon! I would!

How were you tring to get rid of your xenia? I agree that dying could do it.
If your not allready running extra carbon! I would!

Hey Plack,
Great to meet you last sunday! I was just making the xenia move to smaller rocks by shading them and then removing the rock. Needless to say i don't need to do that any longer:badgrin:. Yes I am running extra Black Diamond carbon.

Hey Willie, just let me know when your ready for your corals back...although...they do look really good in my tank:lol:

Yeah Todd,
Think i am gonna wait a week and see how it rolls. I am sure by then i will have to pry them from your hands!:lol::lol: (or tank!)

Back