so um where did the crab come from?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

cmn3

so I have been waiting for the sand storm to clear to add the rest of my live rock and so far its been about three day whats in the tank right now is 40lbs of caribisand live and about 17lbs of my sixty the rock that I added came from BR had lots of purple corline on it they told me it came out of thier tanks and should be cured.. went down to check the progress of the clearing and here is this little crab at the glass lookin out at me he is about an inch and a half kind of hard to see color but he has hairy white looking legs but that could just be from the fine sand can a crab hide in the rock? there isnt any way I would think it could surive in the sand is there? just cant see how he could hide in the rock??? now just have to figure out if he is good or bad

Crabs can hitchhike in on live rock. Do you have a picture of him? You will get help identifying him easier. It is really hard to tell from the description exactly what he is. Body color is important in identifying the crab also.

If it's hairy and has black pointy claws get rid of it. Unless you are going fish only.

well I was able to catch and get a better look at this little guy.. is just an emerald crab he is green with the little kind of flat blunt claws so I let him go back in the tank

I supose that could be Nata... Let me know if he dose not show up I will pick you up one next week when I go to the sale next week im not sure if I had put the rock that I got from you in when he showed up the stuff I picked up from barrier reef went in first and it got so cloudy I couldnt see what I was doing and stoped till it cleared a little its crazy all the little things that hitchike

Back