So what the scoop on led lights????

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Developed and already available for purchase, albeit quite expensive!

Google for solaris led lighting an you'll find their website. (I'd provide the direct link, but I understand that's against policy of this website).

hth,
rob

They are very cool, from the few I have seen in action. You can slowly acclimate your tank to them as they have dimming capabilities and even the ability to gradually turn on and off, just like sunlight. They also will save power costs, if you can get over the initial price. I am waiting for the price to come down.

led

LED sounds really cool...

Now which bank should I rob? :razz: Just kidding, I will wait and wait and wait. It sure is fun to dream about stuff though :p.

OH MY GOSH! I looked at the prices and almost had a heart attack! I will have to calm down and go read more later.

OH MY GOSH! I looked at the prices and almost had a heart attack! I will have to calm down and go read more later.

that's the same thing that happened to me when i saw the prices the first time :lol: .

The price will come down. It's a fairly new technology and only one manufacturer in the aquaria market is making them at the moment from what I've seen, Solaris. Give it a couple years and it will be like everything else.

Back