soft coral id

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

morgan

commercial coral diver
hey got this awsome soft coral the other day was told the name of it but have forgotten and its not my this site or in my books thanx u

just gonna bump this and hope sum more people notice this is an awsome soft coral
hope fully mr calfo can answer this one

has no one even seen this coral before do u guys want a better pic i see people have looked but no comments i know most ppl have sps dominated tanks but lets not forget about soft corals

I get popups when I look at your pics.. I dislike popup adds. And I am a newbie but as I am doing soft corals I will be tagging along

Debbie

soft coral tanks are very nice theres lots orf motion in softy tanks im sorry about the pop ups not much i can do about that but

Where did you find that? At low tide? Just kidding.

I'm just feeling defensive as I really liked my little majano and had to kill it cause it was starting to look way too health.

Debbie

I agree about softie tanks. My goal is to have a medium dirty softie tank with fairly clean water, and a really cool ricordia. Oh and I have a pair of tank raised A. ocellaris clown fish (very orange) that are practicing really hard to spawn. I am really jazzed!

I'm just getting out of soft corals, but I am not sure from the pic. In one pic they look pink and in another they look orange? Definitely a "tree" coral. Kenya trees are usually purple. So it could be a colt or nepthea both of those are normally pinkish and have that general shape. If the one is orange and and has shorter/tighter branches then it is probably what is sold frequently as "Bali soft coral". If that is what it is they are great looking, one of the best softies around, but a little more difficult to keep than most softies. I would search the internet for good pics of the ones I mentioned and see if they match up well with the actual specimens.

the pictuers are all the same coral 2 are flash pics i am almost positive its not limpnallia and do colt corals have feathery polyops cause the polyops on this coral are just straight lengths with small openings will post better pics tonight

a fire coral i thought they were stoneys corals. this coral is deffenetly from the australia region most likely between western australia and the n.t.
it has no feathery polyops just spines which are just as soft as the main body and i dont think its a fire coral because it didnt sting me at all

a fire coral i thought they were stoneys corals. this coral is deffenetly from the australia region most likely between western australia and the n.t.
it has no feathery polyops just spines which are just as soft as the main body and i dont think its a fire coral because it didnt sting me at all

Cool....I don't think any of us have seen them before....that is the beauty of this hobby!

yeah i was hoping it might be rare its doing well and already spreading apprently it can spread like xenias which would be tottally cool

Back