Some cool fish

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

mojoreef

Reef Keeper
Well I was thinking about adding a few fish to the beast. I found some neat ones what do you all think???

I was thinking a small school of these, 5 females and a male??
neat_anthias.jpg

ventralis_pair.jpg

I used to have a pair of thes way back and thought they would make a cool add
mistere.jpg

Yea I know not the best, but I have had sucess with these cleaners
cleaner.jpg

Definately going to get one ..maybe two of these.
stigmata.jpg

mike

OMG - Gorgeous! What species are the Anthias?

Yep my vote is the school & the last one for sure that you just got to have, I hope he doesn't turn out to be a nightmare :D

Nice, very nice. I think they would all make great additions to tanks specific to their needs. Great pics by the way!

Mike:

Very colorfull choices. As for the anthias, I would hope you already have a small school of other types so those maybe get the hint of eating. Msot people have a terrible time with them eating. Best of luck.

I currently have a pair of mystery wrasses. Try getting them as larger adults already if you can. The juveniles will ahvethe white bars, but as they get bigger they loose it. Somehow if you get a larger one with the bars in it already, they will preserve it. Also, Marshal island specimens seem to have more vibrant colors.

The last one is a little scary. I want my mommy.............

I think that last fish is a honeycomb blenny. They are obligate coralivores. Not a good choice for any tank as they either eat all your acros or they starve. Beautiful fish but they really should be sold at all. Where are these pictures from? I would write a letter to whoever is selling these guys to let them know they are better left in the wild or advertized for what they are. Good luck with the rest of them.

I have a trio of Bimaculatus Anthias, which are "similar" in coloration to the above (I'm assuming they are a different species?) Anyway, mine have brilliant coloration and I've had excellent success keeping them/getting them to eat so far.
Just some info for those of you who might like the way they look...

Last edited:
The first ones are Ventralis ventralis, got to love the colors on them? I do have a small school of square spot anthias, in place and doing well right now so I hope they learn well. The particular fish are a little more particular then most other anthias as they are from deeper waters off the coast of Vanuatu.

The last fish is called a Stigmata Blenny, he does look very nice, I am still doing a little home work on him.

I will attach some pics of some hybrid angels, real nice!!!!!

Mike

Thanks for the identity. Yes I do love the color. Though I wouldn't be getting any Anthias I do love to learn about them. Its going to be part of any upgrades in the future for sure.

Last edited:
Mike is the fourth pic from the top a Fairy Wrasse ?

I don't know BlennyBabe all the pics of the Leopard Blenny that I searched don't match that one :confused:

Great fish selection Mike ! Can't wait for the pics of them in your tank :)

Back