Some DIY to my 24gal Aquapod

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

looks great Krish I will be watching to see your progress. You are very creative I would not have the nerve to cut a new tank like that.
Only because I would screw it up.

Thanks man! I only took a jab at it because I thought it through for a while and was pretty sure it could be done and have the resources to do it. Also, if I screwed it up, that will give me an excuse to have a new tank built;)

looks great krish! good call on the extra bracing across the back. can't wait to see the blue back in there; always prefered blue myself.

Thanks and I can't wait either!!! I love the blue! especially with the white bottom:D

Last edited:
Quick update

I got my Premium Aquatics stuff today which only leaves the blue back left to get to set it all up. They were backed up with projects needed to be done with the laser, but they are trying to get it out for me today. We'll see...:)

It's the same people here in the Bahamas that built my 38gal cube and all of my sumps. Also, it's the same place I get all of my pvc board, anything acrylic or plastic from. I ended up not getting the piece today, but I'm pretty hopeful it will be tomorrow. :)

Here's all the parts I need to get the thing hooked up with the maxi jets hidden. The good thing about it all is if I decide the maxijets aren't enough, then I could always use the same outpuits on a stronger pump. Also, here's a shot of the upgraded light. I bought the same HQI fixture, just a 150w fixture rather than the 70w I had:)

Sweet! can't wait to see the pics of the finished product. I really like that white bottom that you put in your tanks Krish. Its a nice touch.

Thanks Nick! I like it as well! Once everything else goes smoothly, I think I will be happy with the look...Until the next project:p

Thanks Nick! I like it as well! Once everything else goes smoothly, I think I will be happy with the look...Until the next project:p

Next Project??? :p Knowing you Krish, that is going to be figuring out how to get a Hammerhead recirc pump installed in your cube! :rolleyes: :D

diy

Theres always another one,but but honey just this little more power then i will be done.its your story and you are sticking with it.

Next Project??? Knowing you Krish, that is going to be figuring out how to get a Hammerhead recirc pump installed in your cube!

Thanks for the idea Ed!!!:D

Theres always another one,but but honey just this little more power then i will be done.its your story and you are sticking with it.

You got it Gary...I see you've been there before:p

K...Here's what's up with the tank.

Here's the backwall before drilling for the bulkheads.

Here's the backwall being glued in...I knew my wife's candles were good for something:D

A shot of the tank sitting upright showing the "overflow"

Bottom being glued and also you can see where I put all of the outputs

And everything tack free...Just waiting for it all to cure to set it back up:)

Thanks guys!:) I can't wait to see what it looks like under the water and halides as they both make it look totally different. :)

I decided tonights the night so I will be setting the tank back up and will post the result and pics after. Hopefully the teeth from the "overflow" can handle the flow from the 3 maxijets:)

Back