Some eye candy

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

BCT182

Hey all, I thought I'd break out the camera and snap a few. Let me know what ya think, good or bad! :)

Just to brush up, its a 120 with 2 x 250 watt Hamilton 14k's. 29 gallon sump with a Kent marine TE skimmer, two fishes phos-ban reactor, coralife UV sterilizer and about 120-150lbs mixed live rock.
Thanks for looking,
Brett

Last edited:
Very nice photos Brett! I love all the colors you have going on in there. One of these days I'll be cool like you:p Thanks for sharing:)

Brett, this tank is coming along nicely. I'm sure you are happy with it now.

What are you doing differently than your other past tanks that you took down?

Best,
Ilham

Thanks for the kind words everyone. :)
Ilham, its kinda funny but what I have done differently is, cut down on the amount of flow in the tank, but having four returns I am able to increase the coverage of the flow...... If that makes sense? I guess water moving in alot more in different directions, while lowering the turn over rate.
Also, I mix 30 gallons of water a week in advance, continuously with a power head outside on the back porch. Then I do a 30 gallon water change once a week. Before I would mix by hand and dump it right in.
So far things have been looking up. :razz:

nice pics, your tank is coming along realy nice. i realy like those rics and blastos.

Very beautiful pics! I love the zoos!

My aquapod is doing well, thanks again.

Let me know if you frag the zoos.

the last pic is a gonipore i belive and a very nice one people reackon they are hard to keep but all they need is lots of light
what are the dimensons of ur tank?

BCT182 said:
I guess water moving in alot more in different directions, while lowering the turn over rate..........

Also, I mix 30 gallons of water a week in advance, continuously with a power head outside on the back porch. Then I do a 30 gallon water change once a week. Before I would mix by hand and dump it right in.
So far things have been looking up. :razz:

The first definitely is true Brett. In the other tanks where you had higher turnover, the flow probably was all laminar, if not mostly. The higher level of 'turbulence' probably is helping here, so that not all movement is unidirectional.

The second thing you are doing also does help. I'd keep on this schedule. You may even get away with doing a 20 gallon water change weekly, but if 30 gallons work, i'd stay with that. Letting it stabilize and aerated first is necessary. Just mixed artificial saltwater is very caustic to fish and corals.

Best,
Ilham

Back