Some inspiration--Those who are tankless...

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Elmo18

Clownfish
Hi All...needless to say, life and work seemed to have taken over this past year, and I have been tankless now for a year.

You are all probably wondering what happened to all my clowns ;) THey all have wonderful homes, especially the parents, who traveled to the east coast and to good homes. Some I kept local..

After moving to a new place, it looks like I am now able to start again. I know some of you are also tankless...but had tanks awhile ago.....

I don't know what it is, although it is definitely not the people nor money, but I have just not had the urge to set up a lot of tanks again. Maybe just one, or two, and even then, maybe there's some thing we all need to be inspired by once again.

Maybe all of us, who have "lost the urge" can band together...and get inspired again....

Best,
Ilham

Ilham, there are plenty of tanks out there to inspire these days. I took a year off of reefkeeping to enjoy my new daughter, but got the bug again and now have the start of a full reef. I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Hey Ilham,
You inspire me just knowing you are there again. You have always been a giver.
You are Sunshine Buddy. You always have been. I have lots of extra equipment setting around. You call me before you buy something please.

aahh dood i feel the same way....i mean i still got my tank which i'm embarrased to post pics of :p ... but to me just the kids and a dog....specially the dog is quite plenty :D :lol:, so i'm thinking of getting rid of the fish tank...it's not a for sure thing yet....but i'm like you...i need some inspiration...so far the only inspiration i got is from Dang and some other people from here.

maybe i need a slap on the face to wake up or just stop looking for toys and what not for Robacha because lately all i do is visit pittbull forums and websites with special dog toys and treats :lol:

Yay Ilham, if you need a grumpy clarkii to restart your breeding program I've got one with the taste for flesh ;) (which I'd be willing to donate to your cause!)

But seriously, welcome back - I know that I'm glad to see you back again!

I got a coral banded shrimp you can have and I can kick you about 25lbs of base rock (was lie till I boiled it!)
And a few zoo frags also!! for free!!!!
An some fuzzy mushrooms (I got some getting big fast)

Hi Ilham,

Nice to see you post here again. I got my two very first fish from you, a pair of Clarkii clowns, in January or February of '07. I'll never forget how you talked me through doing hypo-salinity on the one that was ailing.

Last summer I gave that pair to Joe/Jobiwan for his RBTA fuge, but I still have 2 pair of clowns: the onyx percs I got from you (still juvenile) and a pair of black&white ocillaris. Other fishes too, of course.

Come up and check out my system some time. :) I'm in Lynnwood.

Thanks all!

I just needed some inspiration, and definitely not out of it yet. I will be setting up a 30-40 gallon system, still planning. It seems as though my place does not have GFCI outlets!

Best,
Ilham

It seems as though my place does not have GFCI outlets!
Oh Ilham, you don't need no stinkin' GFCI....that's for the rookies :eek

Good to see you using the common sense that most people (including myself at time) don't. When you are ready you let me know and you can come "shop" (for free of course) from my tank. I might even have some rock for you when you are ready.

-Reed

give me a call bro.... i got some pairs and tanks you can breed and baby sit for a year or two. I got what you need. I need the space and the power back.

just give me a call when your ready.

give me a call bro.... i got some pairs and tanks you can breed and baby sit for a year or two. I got what you need. I need the space and the power back.

just give me a call when your ready.

hey larry it is good to see you on the board again. if there is anything i can do for ya shoot me a pm:)

Back