Some new macro shots

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Blazer88

I had a few extra minutes tonight and wanted to snap some pics. The first set is from a SPS frag that I got from Dang yesterday. It seems happy in my tank so far and had some nice polyp extension.

I bumped the tank with the lens and the polyps closed up for this shot.
IMG_1848-Edit.jpg

IMG_1840-Edit.jpg

IMG_1839-Edit.jpg

And this one is from a tiny baby frogspawn. My huge frogspawn colony (I can't even count the heads) has started to drop these little buds in my tank so I glued one to a snail shell to see how well it grows. It's probably the size of a dime when open all the way. I liked how you can see the bumpy texture on the tentacles. Thanks for looking.

IMG_1862-Edit.jpg

IMG_1861-Edit.jpg

Thanks for the comments guys. Here are a few more that I processed.

Orange Plate:
IMG_1889-Edit.jpg

Candy Cane:
IMG_1882-Edit.jpg

Crazy sponge that looks like a spider funnel:
IMG_1904-Edit.jpg

what kind/ brand of macro lense are you using blazer? I have a nikon d40 and don't really know what is best for it. Do you have an idea of what I should get in the future?

This is the kind of photo's you normally see on Discovery or National Geographic. Excellent photo's man!

what kind/ brand of macro lense are you using blazer? I have a nikon d40 and don't really know what is best for it. Do you have an idea of what I should get in the future?

Sorry that I missed your question, I used a Sigma 150mm F/2.8 macro lense for those shots. I don't use Nikon so I really don't know what is compatible with your camera though.

Again very nice, glad we don't have a the best pics contest going, we'd have to exclude you LOL!

Back