Some new photos with the T1i

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Brie

BRA
Photos from my new Canon T1i

I never really got a chance to post photos after Christmas due to how busy i've been. Finally had a day to just sit and process through all the photos i've taken recently, so figured i'd give some a post. :)

This still has to be one of the most awesome corals i've ever seen. A real one of a kind goniopora.
DisplayGoniopora2Framed_1159.jpg

DisplayGonioporaFramed_2592.jpg

Montipora setosa
SetosaMacro4Framed_1105.jpg

SetosaMacro_2549.jpg

SetosaMacro3_2588.jpg

SetosaMacro2_2560.jpg

Montipora undata
UndataMacroFramed_1455.jpg

Sunset Monti
SunsetMontiFrag_1324.jpg

SunsetMontiFragCloser_1333.jpg

SunsetMontiMacro_1386.jpg

Montipora digitata
PinkDigitataMacro_2337.jpg

Last edited:
Some french polynesian clams we have at the shop right now, I thought the pics turned out particularly well.

BigBlueTuamotaMaxima_2717.jpg

MarbleTuamotaMaxima_2711.jpg

GreenUltraTuamotaMaximaClose_2627.jpg

GreenUltraTuamotaMaxima_2618.jpg

GreenTuamotaMaxima2_2689.jpg

GoldTuamotaMaxima2_2697.jpg

GoldTuamotaMaxim2_2704.jpg

GoldTuamotaMaxima1_2691.jpg

Going from my original Digital Rebel to my new T1i I noticed that the pictures looked much darker in general and I see the same kinda thing in your shots. Do you notice a difference as well?

Also, do you use the onboard white balancing or do you correct it in a photoshop like program?

Going from my original Digital Rebel to my new T1i I noticed that the pictures looked much darker in general and I see the same kinda thing in your shots. Do you notice a difference as well?

Also, do you use the onboard white balancing or do you correct it in a photoshop like program?

Hmm.. not really... I've always taken my photos dark intentionally, I think it adds more detail and depth.. I did notice that due to the new processor and color sensor, colors are alot richer overall, and more accurate. I'm super happy with it.

I see... That explains the fading light most prominent in the last one.

Great pics, although they would probably be alot better with a Nikon :).. jk

Thanks for sharing,
-augustus

Missed the WB question...

I do both... Since its so hard to get color perfect with reef tanks and their multitude of color spectrums in the lighting, I usually end up having to fine tune color in photoshop... I take a sheet of white paper on the outside of the tank and set custom WB, but that can only go so far, even with messing with the additional onboard color adjustment . What I really want to do is buy a grey card, laminate it, then use it to stick INSIDE the tank, towards the center or side, and use that to set the WB.

Back