Some Pics of my 180g

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Thanks!

I would love an Achilles but I have heard that they are pretty hard to keep. A part of me likes that, but I also hate loosing something that I could have prevented.

I've read many times that Evansi anthias are difficult/impossible to keep alive in captivity. Good luck with them, and I'd love to hear if you have success. They are beautiful.

Thanks! :)

I have had them for about a month and the others for about 3. All the evansi are eating great. I don't have any real aggressive fish in the tank so they are always out waiting to eat! I have also heard that they're a hard fish to keep, but I've heard that with most all anthias too. I think like a lot of people say, if you get one to eat, all the others will play follow the leader...but I'm not out of the woods by a long shot! :)

I just took a few shots of my Evansi. I believe the top two is the male and the other is the female, because those three hang out together. Also another FTS.

Evansi3.jpg

Evansi1.jpg

Evansi2.jpg

fts.jpg

i only have a 55 gal.but i bought a new light and a piece of like plexi glass stuff to put on top of the tank.my evaporation got cut down to about half.

I actually lost most of them over my honeymoon. I had someone feed the tank and what do you know they said the fish looked like they were still hungry. Over fed and I came back after two weeks to a tank full of hair algae and half the fish...it was great. So, for right now I'm almost finished getting rid of the hair algae after a long month and then once the tank stables out I will start with some new corals and fish. I will keep it updated once I get my head on strait again.

So my current fish list went down to this:

2 Amphiprion Percula - Mated pair of Percula Clowns
1 Centropyge Nox - Black Nox Angel
1 Synchiropus cf. Splendidus - Green Mandarin
1 Amblyeleotris Aurora - Pink Bar Goby
1 Amblygobius Phalaena - Dragon Goby
2 Chromis Atripectoralis - Green Chromis

Lost over half of my fish!

Just an update. I got all of the hair algae off the rocks! It's taken about 2 weeks of solid water changes (30 gallons every day of just siphoning the algae out), and 2-4 weeks of above normal WC. I found out the source of the problem. I had LR in my sump and there was about an inch of detritus that would build up so fast that I couldn't keep up with it. So, I took the LR out of the sump and put it all in my old 55 gallon tank. So, now I have two tanks (55g is going to be just a FOWLR in a few months). I'm going to be ordering my new skimmer in a couple of weeks which is going to make it so I can power feed which will make all the coral and fish happy. So, now everything in the tank is back on track and all parameters have been perfect again for over two weeks. I have gradually got a few new fish over the past few weeks for I will post some new pictures of them. I got a Copperband Butterfly, a Tennenti Tang, and last a Naso Tang that is roughly about 7 inches!

I took a few shots of my LPS corals, thought I would share. I need to get a macro but for now this lens isn't too bad.

Pink Branching Hammer
pink_hammer_web.jpg

Pink Candy Cane
pink_candy_web.jpg

Green Wall Hammer
green_hammer_web.jpg

Green Candy Cane
green_candy_web.jpg

Full Tank Shot
Full_tank_web.jpg

Back