180-may-20th-a.jpg

180-may-20th-b.jpg

180-may-20th-c.jpg

180-may-20th-d.jpg

180-may-20th-e.jpg

180-may-20th-f.jpg

180-may-20th-g.jpg

180-may-20th-h.jpg

There are some nice corals there. Nice pics too. The acro in the 6th pic appears to be loaded with red bugs. I love that maxima in that last pic.

Very nice photos clockwork! That is something how they noticed red bugs. I've never seen them before only heard about them. Too bad Raid doesn't work!:D Thanks for sharing the photos...Your tank is always something nice to look at:)

Nice looking tank! The red bugs are torture! Make sure you follow dosing directions EXACTLY!!! I am scared to take on any more acros because those buggs are everywhere! I have to mention my other terrible pest montipora nudibrachts. There is no known cure for montipora nudibrachts - they feed on monties like red bugs seem to feed off acros. If only a quarantine tank was effortless to maintain.

A few different wrasses (radient, ornate, etc..) will eat the monti flat worms.

When treating for red bugs we often end up killing other things which in turn cause more problems for us. For instance, we kill many of the good acro crabs which are good for keeping the acro eating flat worms away. The acro eating flat worms (AEFW) cause much more harm that what the red bugs were causing. The wrasses mentioned above will also eat the AEFWs sometimes, but often it too dificult for the wrasses to get in all of the nooks and crannies of the acros and they end up leaving some behind.. Im not even goingto mention the eggs.

Gotta love this hobby :D

Thanks folks !

I live with red bugs as I breed acro crabs ;) As you can tell My corals have great color and my growth is awesome. Thanks for the concern :D

If the system is healthy overall, IMO/IME they dont affect them too badly except for polyp extension and maybe inhibitthe growth a bit.

Back