someone help my Naso!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

matts125

my beloved 7'' naso tang has suddenly stopped eating and now today has lost his ability to swim, he is still alert and breathing but uable to swim, he just now has his first sores from laying on the corals. I have no hospital tank and need to do something now to help him, any local guys got something they can help me with???

I am in puyallup.
my phone number is 253-273-7383
sooner the better!!!

Matt

You may want to set-up a hospital tank, use a tub if you have to with all new water, heater & ph!
I'd start reading through Lee's forum to see If you can Identify exactly what is going on!

very sorry to hear. If my Naso died I'd freak out. He looks great in your avatar.

Last edited:
very sorry to hear. If my Naso died I'd freak out. He looks great in your avatar.

we had him for 5 years bought him when he was a little over 1''
I measured him after he died and he was 8'' long. poor guy...

My kids are very sad and crying:(

Matt

matt,

sorry to hear for your loss..I know the feeling. While in NC, I lost a Naso Tang I had for 5yrs, my wife cried for a day. Such a peaceful fish. I plan on getting another one once I rid my tank of the bryopsis.

Dam he passed so fast, how are all the other fish? Wonder what in the heck happened? Sorry for the loss, this was a big one, having him so long.

Dam he passed so fast, how are all the other fish? Wonder what in the heck happened? Sorry for the loss, this was a big one, having him so long.

yeah he went quick, it is a heartbreaker. all the other fish are just fine, no problems at all, he has always been the fish with the strongest immune system too.
the only cause I can think of is that I raised my Magnesium to 1800 but that was weeks ago and no ther fish or inverts are effected. I am at a loss for words about it.

Thanks for the support guys!
Matt

Sorry to hear of your loss. Guess nothing lives forever and it lived a lot better and longer in your tank than would in the wild; where they have to fight for survival every day.

Back