sooo seriously....

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

akunochi

Mr. Reckless
Where the hell is everyone....I leave the hobby for like 4 months and everyone bounces out or what? PSAS just seems slow and limping along....why>?:tsk:

So I just read that thread and it is ****ing disgusting. Seriously there couldn't be a damn consensus reached and a calm talk. At no point was there a member to BOD meeting held in person without the internet there as a shelter for comments? So now from what it appears there is absolutely no involvement from a good majority of the psas members I know since they are all up north.....so what's the point besides LFS discounts?

It is easy to make comments behind a screen and through a cable, but real results are done in person where you have to stand behind what you say.

Yeah Seth, its kind of weird. It does seem like activity has dropped off. The new classifieds section has gotten some negative feedback, but that hopefully hasnt made people move away. There looks to be a lot of new members signing up. Hopefully things will pick up a little. As the rest of us, they will need some assistance in dealing with the issues we all have dealt with and still deal with. There are still many experienced people on the site helping out with any questions people have when they can.
On another note...hope you and the family and the puppies are doing well. And your back home again soon.
The black clowns and the pajama cardinal I got from you two years ago are doing great. That PJ Cardinal is huge!
Hope to see your new tank up and running and pics soon. Or have I missed something and you already posted pics?

So now from what it appears there is absolutely no involvement from a good majority of the psas members .

This is true. I have not seen any involvement here for a long time from the seattle, puyallup, tacoma, and surrounding area PSAS members.

I'm glad to hear everything is doing well you got from us. Did the clowns ever spawn? I have a new build thread going i the membership showcase forum under my name. I have been doing a lot of helping around my area with tanks where I can and it has proven just a beneficial to me I think. In fact I am strongly considering going to a much much much larger system....not made of glass or acrylic...lol

Anyway check out the build thread and let me know what you think.

I'm glad to hear everything is doing well you got from us. Did the clowns ever spawn? Not that I have noticed. The female never really got attached to the anemone and the male wouldnt leave the anemone. I moved them to the 75 gal tank without an anemone and they are more attached to each other, so maybe one day they may, however I wont be able to raise them. Just not home enough. I might be able to get someone else to raise them for me.

I am strongly considering going to a much much much larger system....not made of glass or acrylic...lol Are you going live in the ocean? Build an underwater house with a glass roof....that would be so cool.

I will check out the build thread.

Well combine the end of your first statement about the fish....and apply it to a much much larger system ;)

Oh I noticed you were looking for equipment for a lot of tanks. Are you setting up to start breeding?

Yep I am. I am quickly realizing that my body is way to beat for someone my age and it is time to start looking into other things in life. Looking at about 5-600 gallon breeding setup and around 1000-1100 coral prop setup system. Eventually I may build a greenhouse style system if this proves sustainable.

Your too young to be feeling like that!

I would love to do that myself. When you figure you need help call me. I need a new job. ;)

LOL will do.

Yeah I know I'm too young to feel like this, but at 25 I have blown a knee, had a compression fracture on my T5 vertebrate, and had 2 hernia surgeries in the last 3 years.

lol...everyone says that the coral farm will be hard work, but I think it would be easier on my body.

It will be hard work, but I think it would be enjoyable and rewarding too. I would be concerned with the initial start up. If you are going to propagate from personal livestock, the cost of getting the initial piece of livestock may be costly and then propagating enough to keep up with demand. And you will be shipping.

Back