Soutas saltwater closing

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

tike

Just got this e mail from Rick Soutas. Anyone in the Portland area looking for stuff should give it a look.

Due to my health and the required amount of time that the retail store front currently demands of me the Soutas Saltwater retail store will be making a slow transition more towards a pure aquaculturing facility. This will allow me to make necessary adjustments without endangering my health. It's been great to get to know all of the people I've done business with throughout all of Oregon and the US. We will still make ourselves available to share information about the hobby with dedicated aquarists.

We will be having a Transition Sale going on Saturday 2-6PM & Sunday 1:30-5PM of this week. If you ever wanted to set up that new tank you've been dreaming about, or are wanting to get into the hobby for a really good price but are still wanting quality products then you absolutely cannot afford to miss out on this opportunity.

We have so much stuff available that it would be nearly impossible to list it all in a timely manner. So, either call or come in at the times/days listed above to find additional items.

Please see below for more information on what will be available at the Transition Sale:

Acrylic Tank, Oak Stand, & Oak Canopy Complete Sets:

25g Glass Tank w/Cherry Stand (Auto top off, protein skimmer Regular Price: $699.00 Sale Price: $399.00
60g Dimensions: 48Lx15Wx18H Regular Price: $1,100.00 Sale Price: $750.00
70g Dimensions: 48Lx18Wx18H Regular Price: $1,200.00 Sale Price: $820.00
95g Dimensions: 48Lx18Wx24H Regular Price: $1,600.00 Sale Price: $1,080.00
125g Dimensions: 60Lx18Wx24H Regular Price: $1,990.00 Sale Price: $1,355.00

All tanks are black backs with built in overflows, and canopies are halide style. Tanks with no overflows will be designated as such upon listing. These tanks, stands, and canopies were made by professionals and are of the highest quality available on the market.

Acrylic Tanks:

60g Dimensions: 48Lx24Wx24H Regular Price: $309.00 Sale Price: $210.00 (No Overflow)**
125g Dimensions: 48Lx24Wx24H Regular Price: $950.00 Sale Price: $646.00
125g Dimensions: 72Lx18Wx20H Regular Price: $987.00 Sale Price: $672.00

Brand Name Calcium Reactors- $120.00-$170.00
CO2 Regulators with shut off solenoid- $80.00
5LB CO2 Tanks- $35.00 ea
Brand Name Protein Skimmers (All needle wheel)- $60.00-$200.00
One bulb, Two bulb, and Four bulb electronic VHO or PC Ballasts with VHO German Waterproof Endcap all prewired Plug and Use- $75.00-$150.00
400 Watt Electronic Ballasts with socket mounted spider reflectors with 10k bulbs- $220.00
250 Watts available as well.
2', 3' and 4' actinic and white T5 bulbs- Half Price ($4.50-$6.50ea ~)

All metal halide lighting systems and bulbs are 35% off
All protein skimmers are 35 % off
All calcium reactors are 35% off
All miscellaneous stands an canopies are 30% off (Call for sizing)
All overflow boxes for wet dry sumps are 50% off
All wet dry filter and miscellaneous sumps are 35% off
All submersible and external pumps are 35% off
All heaters are 35% off
All supplements/chemicals and miscellaneous test kits are 25% off
All books are 20-40% off
All miscellaneous RO accessories and systems are 20% off
All ozone generators are 25% off
All miscellaneous air pumps are 40% off
All miscellaneous dried fish foods are 40% off
All tank maintenance/cleaning supplies are 25% off
All substrate/crushed coral bags are 20-30% off (Depends on brand of substrate)
Pacific Coast Salt Mix- 150g Boxes Only $30.00
Ultra Grade Live Rock- Only $3.50 per lb (Tons of coraline, great structure,and fully cured)

Soutas Saltwater Display Tank Set:
Rough shape, will need some work. Best offer will be accepted. Comes with tank, canopy, and reinforced custom steel stand that has been powder coated and painted.

Dimensions are: 72Lx48Wx26H. It is a 390gallon tank.

Can include huge custom made wet dry/refugium filter. Will treat up to 1500gallons of water. Pumps included with filter are two PCX 55's and two PCX 70's. The two PCX 70's have less than 20 hours of use on them. Taking best offer.

Can include lighting, which consists of six 400watt halides, and six VHO's with IceCap Ballasts. Sold with the canopy it will be $450.00 additional.

Will be more than happy to come up with a whole package price.

We will be selling the live rock from our display tank. We have many extra large rocks as well as some smaller size pieces. These rocks were hand picked by divers specifically for our display tank, and have been in our display tank for over 7 years. Pricing depends on the weight that is purchased.

We are setting up a continuous bid for our extremely rare aquacultured 10inch+ Blue Teardrop Tridacna Maxima Clam. This clam has been raised in captivity since birth, and has been for 8 years now. You don't see many Blue Teardrop Maximas coming in now days, and we have never seen any 10 inch Blue Teardrop Maximas available in years. If you've ever been in to our shop and seen this clam you know just how nice it is. All of the rows on the shell are intact and are very clean. This is literally the clam of all clams! If you collect these gorgeous specimens you will not want to miss out on a chance to buy it.

Best regards, Rick Soutas
-Soutas Saltwater & Reef Inc.-
www.ReefStuff.com
Phone: 503-233-9587
Address: 2404 SE Gladstone St. Bldg B.
TRANSITION SALE: SATURDAY 2-6PM SUNDAY 1:30-5PM.

actually soutas and upscales both got the oregon tort from shawn who used to own waves back in the day...

also, this was already supposed to have happened years ago...soutas has been trying to sell wholesale for a while, and rick's health has been failing since I met him... and he's been threatening to close his doors for years.

I will say that rick is absolutely one of the most difficult and annoying people I've ever dealt with in this industry...
like the time I called him from seattle looking for oregon tort frags (they were $100 back then) he said yep, I got a bunch, I said I wanted 5 and jumped in the car...2.5 hours later I'm standing in front of rick, listening to him tell me how he cant sell the oregon tort frags i just drove down to get because he needs to sell them on the internet, and the others "wernt looking right" (they were f'ing fine)... I was SO pissed!!! then to add insult to injury, after he heard me mentioning that i has a nice colony of blue zoas, he said "I'll trade you some of your blue zoas for a frag of tort"...I was blown away...
I dont think I've been back since... plus all their gear was pretty antiquated and mediocre, IMO. I mean come on, the guy is a KENT dealer...:cry:

I never had any problems dealing with Rick.....EVER. I have been dealing with him for at least 8-10 years. The frags i have obtained from him were always larger then the industry standard and there were always freebies thrown in the deal.

actually soutas and upscales both got the oregon tort from shawn who used to own waves back in the day...

also, this was already supposed to have happened years ago...soutas has been trying to sell wholesale for a while, and rick's health has been failing since I met him... and he's been threatening to close his doors for years.

I will say that rick is absolutely one of the most difficult and annoying people I've ever dealt with in this industry...

Ditto!
Back in the day when he was a garage shop I stopped in a talked about the latest technology the wet dry filter and air driven skimmer. This little package was going to set me back around $500!
The very next day i called Rick and spoke to him about driving to his shop and picking up the equipment and that if he wants he could bag it all up because i am getting it.

After an hour drive i walk in with a big smile to get my new gear and he is behind the counter eating Mc D's and tells me I need to come back in 20 mins
He cant help me now....

So i told him that I called and let him know that i was on my way and to get it ready he said it nope He has to eat. :eek:

So i got mad and told him ether he can do it now or forget it.....
lets just say ten mins later i walk out with no equipment.

He has a long history of being an A$$ in the Portland area.
With that said i am still sorry to hear that poor health is driving him out of the hobby.

I was in his shop , shopping and heard nothing about closing. I heard from everybody in portland that hes was shutting down retail!They were all shocked he was still open when i was there on momsday.

i saw the email after i was there

Ditto!
Back in the day when he was a garage shop I stopped in a talked about the latest technology the wet dry filter and air driven skimmer. This little package was going to set me back around $500!
The very next day i called Rick and spoke to him about driving to his shop and picking up the equipment and that if he wants he could bag it all up because i am getting it.

After an hour drive i walk in with a big smile to get my new gear and he is behind the counter eating Mc D's and tells me I need to come back in 20 mins
He cant help me now....

So i told him that I called and let him know that i was on my way and to get it ready he said it nope He has to eat. :eek:

So i got mad and told him ether he can do it now or forget it.....
lets just say ten mins later i walk out with no equipment.

He has a long history of being an A$$ in the Portland area.
With that said i am still sorry to hear that poor health is driving him out of the hobby.

Randy, didnt you originally get your "frag" of the OT from Ricky Sr.?

Back