3154836092_1169655311_b.jpg

3154836072_b6a814e3b9_b.jpg

3154836054_a5d163a651_b.jpg

3150078672_3d4ceee8b6_b.jpg

Pink jade frag coming back

3150078660_d1a9c391dd_b.jpg

Hungry acan

3131804708_8fb5d2115a_b.jpg

What the heck?!? You have this awesome tank, great corals, and a frag rack just killling the beauty of the left half. Mount those things and dont look back! :razz:

Thanks guys. I know but the frag rack is my little hospital. For some reason all the corals that are half dead or not looking good go back to perfect within one or two weeks of sitting on the frag rack. my guess is that the flow is just really good combined with nice light...

I just got a second tank(24"x24"x12") and I think I'm gonna plumb it into the same system and make a pure lookdown tank of it. I'll elaborate on my plans later on

So I have been talking about upgrading all the time and I'm sure have annoyed quite a few of you :D I just finished an e-mail conversation with a glass tank builder in Portland.

The plan is this:

36x36x24t
3 sides starphire
External smoked glass overflow
Braceless
Water jet cut overflow
½” glass
1 year limited warrantee

$995.00

I'm going to let him know at the end of the week if I want to take it(I set my own deadline)

What do you guys think? I have the money and am hoping to get some money out of my current set up.

anything you see as problematic? like only having one overflow

Those are the exact dimensions I wanted to do with three tanks...1 sps, 1 lps/softies, 1 planted freshwater. ~135 gallons or so... Sounds like it will be an awesome setup...what are you going to do when you run off to college in a couple of years? I've moved my tanks around more times then I'd like to count since I started college (9 times to be exact) and it's a royal pain in the arse) Just throwing that out there. Your current setup would be perfect for acan land :)
Good luck with whatever you decide and when you need help just give me a buzz.

I've been thinking about that as well. I could possibly get someone to look after it while I'm not at home. AKA mom and maybe pay a firm to do a water change every month or so... I dunno but I dont wanna move it with me. Worst case scenario I'm gonna have to take it down in 2 years. But still, it will be satisfying for 2 years,,,

Give yourself some wiggle room on the overflow. I'm thinking you would need 1.5" or 2" teeth. I've seen some other braceless tanks that have only a 1/2" and that's a problem. Any little splash or too much flow, and you've got water over the side.

Nelson sorry man I did not get with you last weekend, I had to help out a fellow reefer in North Bend who was flooded. We need to get your current stand finished so you can put that system up for sale :) I say go for it that will be a nice tank for me to buy when you decide to go off to college :)

Nelson sorry man I did not get with you last weekend, I had to help out a fellow reefer in North Bend who was flooded. We need to get your current stand finished so you can put that system up for sale :) I say go for it that will be a nice tank for me to buy when you decide to go off to college :)

Its completely fine! You helped some1 who was definitely in more need than i am.
I'm going to set the order sometime this week.
One more question, the glass isnt going to be tempered, is that going to be a problem?

Back