Spagetti maker

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

How about some more details that looks cool. Ive got one made from a Geo carx. Hows it working out so far?

Don

Thrift store item

It was something i always see at thrift stores.I think you put pasta in it with hot water and it ''makes perfect pasta every time''.So why do i see so many on the shelfs of thrift stores?Any way i ditched the second lid since i was going to experament in my quaranteen--home for unwanted fish,and this alows the water to just up flow through the second screen type lid.First i cut two pieces of sponge,then i cut a small hole in the screen lid,i put a elbow with a hose barb screwed into the bottom side with a piece of tubeing to create a up flow[basicly just like a phos reactor],and hooked a ball valve so i could regulate flow,and now im just trying to make sure ph doesn't fall to low,and see what flow rate works the best.The media im useing is a product that is a sulfer-aragonite blend from Carib sea,and doesn't say much as far as how or where to use it.Place in any oxygen restritced enviroment,with a way to adjust flow.This is experamental so we do not accept any responsibilty,is basicly what the jar says.I'll give it another week before i check nitrate again,to see if it is working.The fish and crabs and stuff don't seem to mind,and i haven't seen any drastic ph drop.

maxi jet

My first thought was to T into the mag 18 return pump,but to make things easier i just hooked a maxi-jet to it and started at as low as i could get it.I think it would be about 200 gph.If it shows signs of de-nitratrafication,then my next one will be built from a 4 ft uv steralizer that has a broken sleeve.

I guess I dont get the denitrifier part. 200gph is alot of feed for a denitrifier. Most just have a steady drip rather than flow.

Don

0pps

I ment 20 gph but its hard to tell.The ball valve is barely open,and the top is just a screen.But yea its not enough flow to see any movement in the media

I ment 20 gph but its hard to tell.The ball valve is barely open,and the top is just a screen.But yea its not enough flow to see any movement in the media

Ok I get it. Your pumping water into the bottom and letting it overflow out the top? More like a sand filter than a denitrator. If thats correct it should work for nitrites but not for nitrates.

Don

Shouldn't a denitrifier be anaerobic with just a few drops per second coming out of it? That's how mine are setup.

Vicki

Shouldn't a denitrifier be anaerobic with just a few drops per second coming out of it? That's how mine are setup.

Vicki

Yep, can have no oxygen to work properly. This set up if I'm looking at it right would be like a sand filter and even create nitrates.

Don

Back