Sponsor and Club info what does it cost and where does my dues and raffle money go??

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

jesshimom

I have no fish.
I have always wanted to provide this information to the club members and have recently had a couple PM's so here you go. I was asked "where does all the club money go?"

Well here is what we spend on an average event where we have a speaker fly in:

Bellevue Community College meeting room with computer equipment $200; Speaker airfaire averages $375; Speaker hotel - generally two nights $200ish
THe occasional speaker fee - $200. If you add that up you are looking at $1000 per event.

We make money from the dues; and our raffles.... we may make $1000 on a summer raffle but that ends up going for just one meeting. That is why we count so much on our sponsors; who may split airfare with us, or help us out financially in some other way.

So let's continue shopping with the PSAS sponsors; and buying those tickets.

THis year should be great with lots of new speakers that have not been year in at least three or more years (the length of time I've been around).

Thank you and members and sponsors for keeping another year rolling!

thanks for the heads up colleen. those top of the line speakers are great to have and it makes the meetings really fun. I am glad we have good stores locally that help us.

I am seeing lots of guest speakers are wanting 250 per lecture. Some want day money too. I have not come across 200 yet..Some just come because they love the hobby!

Eric Boerner said:
I'll speak for frags. :)

Eric,
Be careful what you wish for, lol. I do want to learn about those Cali Reef Tanks. You come from a different area, I am sure you have some very good things to share. I am betting you have a education in marine bioligy too. You need to see a few more tanks in the area. There are some awesome frags around ya, awesome tanks period. One of the nicest Saltwater Reef Tanks is owned by one of the guys that runs this forum. He is off for a bit healing from a injury. I sure miss that ol badger. This forum has been kinda quiet with out him.
I am glad you are being vocal and I hope you keep it up. :)

Back