Squid?? Orange glowing tentacles

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

ihappyru

I have this live rock in my Nano...I got it from Jeffs Exotic Fish. It was a rock that had been in his display holding tanks and has seen corals come and go for who knows how many years! So...on this rock I have MANY unidentified living creatures, the most interesting has been a tiny Cuttlefish, up until last night and as I sit here again tonight with magnifying glass in hand, I'm once again excited! I have this tiny thing that pops out of a small hole in the rock and has 6 "whiplike" tentacles and 2 of them seem to look as if they are electric glowing orange and can control the glowing as if it were a neon sign. Any clues out there? Maybe a squid?? I'll take pictures tomorrow night and post them.

Pic would def help. How long are the tentacles? Do they by chance come out at night and seem to pick stuff up and pull it back into the hole?

Thank you Chuck, nice site, but no help there...and I have been all over every site looking to no avail... and Hi Brendon :) the little things that put a line out and pull stuff back...yep i have many of those! But this lil guy is no way one of their sidekicks...lol he seems to have 6 tentacles 2 of which stay put...straight out infront of him and have sections of orange florescent areas that are evenly spaced....and it can send the orange effect from close to itself to the tip end ...just like a neon arrow sign...and all the other tentacles whip and twitch ....it will go back into it's hole, come out again and..... lol.... take a bow before continuing. strange lil thing for sure! I'll try and get a picture now

Nope ...I have plenty of those ... this thing has a pointed head... is kind-of red and tiny little black eyes and I'm going out to buy a better camera tomorrow! ya know I just had a thought...it may be a tiny Cuttlefish..I have 1 Cuttlefish across the rock from it about 6 inchesand i feed it fresh clam every other night....

Back