SRV's 300 gal.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

SRV

Say What!!!!!!!
A number of friends have asked me to post my system and some shots of my tank, so here goes! You'll have to pardon some of the pic's, I don't have a great camera.

Here is a pic of the tank and the plumbing for the closed loop.
DSC00597.jpg

The closed loop and wiring for the MH's and flo's.
DSC00595.jpg

The plumbing for the closed loop and return water through the wall.
DSC00616.jpg

Here's the room addition I built to hold the system.
IMG_3924.jpg

A pic of the closed loop and the 4" overflow to the 50 gal. rubbermaid tub. This tub is full of base rock and rubble.
DSC00618.jpg

Another shot of the closed loop and overflow. A Reeflow Barracuda is the pump used on the closed loop.
DSC00619.jpg

Two fuge's, 50 gal. base rock tub and 100 gal sump. A Reeflow Hammerhead is the pump used for the mechanical and return.
IMG_3915.jpg

The left tank I used to use as a frag tank and as you can see I converted both to fuge's.
ReefPics4-29-09025.jpg

Here's some more equipment.

My RO/DI w/maxcap
ReefPics4-29-09027.jpg

My GFO/Carbon reactor
ReefPics4-29-09026.jpg

My latest edition is my algae turf scrubber. I wonder if this will start the skimmer/algae scrubber debate again.:D:D:D
ReefPics4-29-09021.jpg

Here's some pic's of the rock going together.
Picture030.jpg

And the finished reef. Sorry about the pic.:oops:
Picture019.jpg

Here's some shots today, one year later.

Left side.
ReefPics5-15-0920.jpg

Center.
ReefPics5-15-09049.jpg

That is a sweet setup.
I've always dreamed of having room behind my tank for all the equipment.

Very nice setup. Like to gorgonians and other corals that we don't see much in systems anymore. And that clam....WOW!

your tank looks great even better in person.

i would kill to have that big atlantic blue beast

Very Nice system!!! I like how neat all your equipment look! I'm gonna have to bite your style a bit for my set-up. Thanks for sharing pics. It's about time one year later :D:D.

How tall is your stand? Does the tank sit eye level when you're sitting down?

I like the mixed reef, you've got some pretty impressive softies in there along with those clams. Those look big in that big of a tank, they must be huge.

To All, Thanks for the compliments!

SOOO sweet
That green slimmer is going NUTS!!!
Adam, as much as I would like to claim the fame on the stags, I recieved most of them as you see them from fellow reefers here @ RF.

That is a sweet setup.
I've always dreamed of having room behind my tank for all the equipment.
Marty, just so you know, it still ain't big enough!!!:mad:

How tall is your stand? Does the tank sit eye level when you're sitting down?

I like the mixed reef, you've got some pretty impressive softies in there along with those clams. Those look big in that big of a tank, they must be huge.
The tank stand is 24" tall for viewing from the couch accross the room. It's my big screen TV. :D
Very nice setup. Like to gorgonians and other corals that we don't see much in systems anymore. And that clam....WOW!
The shell on the clam is 16". The gorgonians did much better when I first set the tank up and was focused mostly on softies.

dont want to get away from your beautiful tank but did you ever finish your reflectors?

dont want to get away from your beautiful tank but did you ever finish your reflectors?

Travis,
I didn't. I have access to the Lumenbright reflector for a pretty good price and I'm trying to decide weather to build my own or step up to the Lumenbright. Supposedly, this is a much better reflector than the Lumenarc. Still in the thinking mode.:D

This is a pic of my origional green slimer colony and a Brown stag colony directly behind it. They were both added in mid July.
NewPics011.jpg

Here is a pic of both colonies today. The Brown stag has put on 3 or 4 times the growth as the green slimer. Of couse it would be brown. :rolleyes::D:D
ReefPics5-23-09001.jpg

Very cool system. How is the red finger gorgonia doing for you? I had one a while ago and accidentally exposed it to air during a water change which killed it. I love the white polyps on them. It was my favorite piece in the tank.

Very cool system. How is the red finger gorgonia doing for you? I had one a while ago and accidentally exposed it to air during a water change which killed it. I love the white polyps on them. It was my favorite piece in the tank.

Thanks on the system. The jury is still out on the red gorgonian. It polyps really well throughout the night, but just randomly during the day. Any advise?

What is an Algae turf scrubber? looks pretty interesting.....Is it for reef tanks? Here in Hawaii we have FOWLR tanks.....no corals ...you have an amazing looking tank...Aloha

Huh..... I wonder if anyone else noticed the stainless lip on the top of the tank.... or the custom slide-out system (first pic) for sliding the tank and stand out from the wall.

Pretty cool! :)

Back