• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Reef Frontiers and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Starboard

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

mattseattle

I recently bought some starboard from Jason. Great guy to deal with! He even custom cut it to fit the exact specs of my tank and it fits like a glove.

Thanks again Jason!

Yeah man...No point telling us without a photo:p Do you like the look? I love my white bottom:shock: That didn't sound too good!(LOL) Take a look at my 75 gal thing-a-ma-bob thread at the latest pics and check out how that white bottom is gonna look! Mine is turning pink and purple!

LOL!!! Krish :lol: ... white bottom eh, it looks more pinkish to me :lol: .
I agree with the picture... you are keeping us in suspence

well it's for my new tank so nothing to see yet. in a few weeks there will be as i'm in the final stages of setting it up - finally after a year! :)

well it's for my new tank so nothing to see yet. in a few weeks there will be as i'm in the final stages of setting it up - finally after a year!

That's cool man...I wish you luck on the setup!:)

it's going to be pretty much a fresh start as i'm buying all new live rock, skimmer, pumps, heaters, etc. etc. the only thing that will probably move out is my lighting but that will be replaced in the upcoming months. i'm going to move my fish and a few corals over but that is it. i'll be selling or giving away my current live rock and the remainder of the stuff in current 55 gallon tank

it's going to be pretty much a fresh start as i'm buying all new live rock, skimmer, pumps, heaters, etc. etc. the only thing that will probably move out is my lighting but that will be replaced in the upcoming months. i'm going to move my fish and a few corals over but that is it. i'll be selling or giving away my current live rock and the remainder of the stuff in current 55 gallon tank

That's cool...Fresh starts sometimes is what the doctor ordered. Should be a cool setup. Make sure you start a thread:)

Make sure you silicone it down around the edge, otherwise it floats up and looks terrible :D

Thanks Tom! Yeah, jlehigh warned me about that today. I'm glad someone did or else I would've just tossed it in probably. so will silicone actually stick to it?

Yep! Scott did mine with black silicone and it's great!! Something about the coralline on it though, it's going to be nearly covered in a week! The bottom has gotten the coverage amazingly fast, unlike the back with just a few dots. All after a month's time.

I agree...I put silicone under mine first and let it dry and then I siliconed all around the perimeter. Here is a photo after I siliconed the edges:)

ok, sounds like i need to silicone it then! :) yah! one more task to do in a multitude of a million tasks! :)

i just read a few threads on RC about floating starboard. if you don't silicone around the edges it floats up. now that would be a bitch to find out after putting a ton of rock in and filling up the tank!

i just read a few threads on RC about floating starboard. if you don't silicone around the edges it floats up. now that would be a bitch to find out after putting a ton of rock in and filling up the tank!

Yeah...Steve (I think) had the same problem with it floating and besides, my main reason for doing it was could you imagine having detritus getting underneath and rotting!

Last edited:
Thanks again Jason for the perfect cuts on the starboard. Here are pictures of the starboard that Jason cut for me. If I ever needed a tank or anything I'd definitely go to Jason first.

P4160013.jpg

best way to describe it is a plastic cutting board material. it's has a non-skid surface and does not absorb anything. works well for rock placement and such when you are going with a bare bottom. also, they reflect light back upwards....the under bottom of my live rock gets light now. it's kind of weird. :)

It also doesn't degrade under UV light. It is designed for the Boat industry. Cool stuff. Wish I could work more with it.

Jason
CFI
worldclassaquariums.com

Back