Starting a Nano Tanks forum?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I keep checking too. No Nano forum yet...lol. Bummer!! Chuck, come on man....you know you wanna add a Nano Forum. There's quite a few people on here with Nanos and a few that have recently been set up. I keep having to go to other forums to ask questions of the "Nano Experts."

Last edited:
IMO if they did a Nano forum they would have to really put a forum for all different sizes. After all a saltwater tank is a saltwater tank and this entire website is devoted to a saltwater tank. A Nano is just a size of the saltwater tank family. Maybe if you want a nano website you should start one, I am sure Chuck would let you advertise on here.

There are lots of SW forums that have included Nano forums, that are very popular. In fact, most other SW forums that I'm involved with, have specific Nano forums. Yes, Nanos are just a smaller version of a saltwater tank, but they're also a bit of their "own mini-beast," in that a lot of the popularity in them is in the AIO units. They've become their own lil' specialty area of reef keeping. IMO, that's why a lot of the SW forums are including forums dedicated to Nanos.

Why would I want to start my own website about Nanos when I see a particular benefit to having one on Reef Frontiers where other RF members can share knowledge and their enjoyment of that particular niche of our wonderful hobby? I spend way too much time on RF to spend time on even another website...lol. As it is, I find myself having to re-organize my SW forum bookmarks much too often, to weed out the ones I don't visit on a regular enough basis to keep them...lol. Of course, RF is right at the top for ease of access!!!

So, it's a suggestion and I think there's been enough response to this thread to show that there would be a particular interest. We'll see how it goes.

That's alright Chuck!! We can be patient, as long as you don't mind the reminders every now and then...lol. Didn't realize you'd been away from home so much lately. Everything alright?

yeah he has a job unlike us lucky people here in Spokane that get to work from home...

Back