Starting a new Salt water tank again, have questions.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

7dsranch

We had a salt water Tank years ago when my children were small, and have always wanted to start another one. So we are not total strangers to salt water aquariams. We finally were able to put one together a week and a half ago. The tank we purchased was an established tank of over a year with live rock and fish thriving in it. I purchased a Red Fromia Starfish, that at first seem to be doing well. A couple days ago we had a fire flash from one of the plugs on the back side of the tank. We were there thank goodness and were able to stop the fire. I was wondering if that would have caused stress to my starfish? It looked like it was molting at first. You could see bits of skin float off of it, but now it looks like it has a hole in the middle of it's body. Can anyone tell me what might be going on with it.

I have another question about a Flame Angel I recently purchased. Just as a note we added the Flame Angel after the fire. The night after adding the fish to the tank I noticed white spots all over it's body almost looked like tiny bubbles. Then the next morning it looked fine. But tonight the spots look faded. All the fish are eating and swimming around just fine. Just wondering if anyone can help.

Thanks!

Back