Starting Soon

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Get some mysis and feed the brittle stars. Its fun. They will sense the food and stick their legs out and capture it. You can target feed them. That will help with keeping the biological filtration from the live rock going and shorten your cycle period, if you have one at all.

Get some mysis and feed the brittle stars. Its fun. They will sense the food and stick their legs out and capture it. You can target feed them. That will help with keeping the biological filtration from the live rock going and shorten your cycle period, if you have one at all.

Oh thanks, I will for sure!

wow! I like it!! That's really cool :) I'm admittedly terrible at aquascaping, but yours looks awesome!
You can keep brittle stars in 12g??? How big do they get?

Thanks! From my understanding there are different types and these appear to be the small ones which don't get very big. How large? No idea but when they were given to me it was understood what kind of tank they were going in so I can only assume they would be fine in my nano =).

I'll be testing the water this weekend. My tank is getting brown diatoms and might look into getting some snails if possible.

leds can be quite strong in a nano that has little deepth. i have a biocube 14 that has 4x3watt blues and 1x5watt white from cree and i grow acro without issue. i always recomend starting with less and adding on. i started with 40 watts of led and my acro colony started growing down and my softies almost died. now i have 17watts and everything is very happy. more is definatly not always better in a nano.

I think you may be on to something. My Blue Xenia was happy at first but isn't looking that good now.

I'll try just using one of the lights for a few days and see what happens.

its also likely that its just upset because u aren't done with the cycle yet(im assuming, because the tanks only 2 weeks old) most corals will look pretty beat up in a tank thats still cycling but should recover if they make it over the hill. good luck

P.S. i have some green star polyps for free if you want to swing by, im in magnolia(seattle)

You are probably right. Once everything is finished cycling I would love to take you up on that offer, thank you.

Hey, things have been going well with the tank. I have been so busy with school and work that I haven't had time to do much else. I did get a mated pair of pom pom crabs which are doing very well with the exception that they don't come out as much as I would like them to. I have a bunch of asternia stars popping up and lots of amphi or copepods running around on the rocks and glass.

Now that I finished the summer quarter I hope to give the tank more attention and start getting a few corals. I want the asternia population to grow in hopes that once I get a harlequin shrimp, it will eat them. *crosses fingers*

P.S. i have some green star polyps for free if you want to swing by, im in magnolia(seattle)

This offer still good, Glasscabbage?

We would sure like some updated pics.
Will you be going to the sept PSAS meeting? You should look into it.

Back