Stingray reef

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Energy

I'm new to this site and thought I would share a few pictures of my reef tank. This is the right side coral island or bommie.
IMG_2271.jpg
[/IMG]

The reason I like to call it the stingray reef is the Eastern fiddler ray that can be partially seen in this picture.
IMG_2266.jpg
[/IMG]

This is a shot from the kitchen. One of my persoanl favorite viewpoints.
IMG_2265.jpg
[/IMG]

This is a picture of the left side of the reef tank. Total lenght is 15'6", 33" tall and 60" front to back- about 1700 gallons.
IMG_2269.jpg
[/IMG]

This is a shot of the filtration room. The real backbone of the system is that VOLCANOE skimmer.- I love that thing. The body holds over 100 gallons and it runs off from only 190 watts!!
IMG_2220.jpg
[/IMG]
This is one of many handfuls of skimmer poo after only one week. I was running real dry and it also kicked out 1.5 gallons of thick sludge(think waste oil:eek: ).
IMG_2243.jpg
[/IMG]

This is a picture of the middle portion of the aquarium. It's supposed to be a low flow area similar to the backside of a reef crest.
IMG_2268.jpg
[/IMG]

Yeah there's a thread on it under large reef tanks. These are some of the latest pictures. Spongebob- gotta love that name. That's my avatar at a different site- Thanks for the compliments everyone.

How big is your whole system and how big is your display as far as gallons is concerned. Very nice by the way!

I have a 400 gallon sealed container in the basement. I use this for water changes and cooling. I think the whole system is about 2000 gallons. I have a 140 gallon refugium, the sump is 327 gallons but I only run about 90 -110 gallons through it. The skimmer is well over 100 maybe even 125 gallons.

Holy $*%#!

Maybe when i grow up! :)

My next question would be, do you do all of the maintainance or do you have some one else do it? I know my tank takes a lot of my time, mostly out of enjoyment not necessity, I could only imagine how much time a 2000 gallon system would take.

Energy, great to see you make your way over here on RF, I have followed you thread on RC for some time now. Your tank is incredible! Keep up the great work, and welcome to RF, I think you will like the crowd here:D

Back