Stoopid question about Remora Pro and MJ1200

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

WAFalconer

Ok, stupid question...
I just got a new MJ1200 that I want to put on my skimmer. I had a Mag on it before, but its just too strong for the 20g. Now fot the life of me, I can't get the MJ to fit in the skimmer. lol The PH fits in there, but only just, and as soon as I plug it in, the force from the water just pushes it out.
Is there something I'm missing or is there a fitting that I need in order to use the MJ with the Remora Pro ?

I don't have a Remora myself but it seems like you should just be able to push the hose down over the outlet of the power head and not have it come off. I'm not too sure but I thought I would give your thread a bump. Hey Skimerwhisperer, where are you?

Thanks for the reply. :) I thought it would just fit as well, but its just not snug enough to hold the PH there once its plugged in.

I looked on the aqua c website and they have the mj 1200 listed as a stock pump for the Remora. Maybe there is an extra fitting you need. Anybody else know?

Tim

Thats why I went for the MJ - they are sometimes sold with the skimmers. Hopefully someone who uses one will post how they fitted theirs.

I have one ready, but the hose is not soft vinyl, but hard plastic, so the clamp just goes over the outside of the plastic and doesn't tighten. :(

I use the same setup. Get a new piece of 1/2" hose from Home Depot. Make sure it's the soft, pliable type. I've actually stopped using the clamp, as the tension/friction from the hose to the powerhead nozzle is enough to hold the powerhead and pre-skimmer box, both.

Just get a new hose, should be just a couple of cents. I cut mine just long enough so the powerhead nozzle butts up against the riser pipe, inside the hose.

Back