store bought shrimp

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

My mind is way more open then you think. I m one of the few that reads labels on all food that is feed to my animals. In fact I have my dogs on a somewhat raw food (Barf) diet. Again I did the reaserch on what the would have eaten in the wild. With dogs Beef would have not been a main item along with corn and wheat. And wolfs usually eat the stomache of the pray. So take into consideration what the pray ate also.

And with that said there are not too many freshwater items that a marine animal wood eat. So again I ask why feed a freshwater shrimp when saltwater ones are available and better for them.

I am not set in my ways and do not put out items as fact unless I can back it up with research papers. Way toooo mush of this aquarium world is based on what people think works based on what their freinds told them.

Like garlic controls Ich.

I'm not sure where you get the idea that not many fish eat freshwater items. Don't forget that the oceans are fed by freshwater tributaries, rivers, stream...etc. Minerals are distributed into the oceans via these methods and fed to many, many marine animals and environments. I think it's pretty safe considering scientists and animal dietitians have studied these facts much longer than we have been alive for. I have never heard that garlic controls Ich...only that it helps stimulate the urge to eat in fish...urge might not be the right word. Either way; if I ever heard anyone say this, they would quickly be ignored of any substance.

so with the garlic and vitamins what kind? can i just got get human vitamin supplement in powder form? and use garlic powder or something?

Sorry we are detracting from the focus of your question Marlin...to be honest, I have no idea how to incorporate vitamins and/or garlic into the food, hence why I leave it to the much broader knowledged companies that hire scientists to do that.

Back