Stores in Spokane

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

MrSculpin

Any thoughts on good places in Spokane to go as far
as fish stores? Besides Petco and Northwest?

Would like a good place to buy supplies, rock ect..

two excellent stores in Spokane, both sponsors here on RF...:)
Aquatic Dreams (Kevinpo)
Aquarium Solutions (Barbie)

couldn't help ya with Idaho but you can check out "Idaho Marine Aquarium Society" in the "Clubs" section.
hth
jake:)

couldn't help ya with Idaho but you can check out "Idaho Marine Aquarium Society" in the "Clubs" section.
hth
jake:)

Will do, thanks!

Another question.. on live rock from a local store..
what is the general cost per pound? Had one store tell me 5.99 per lb for regular rock, 6.95 per for really nice rock meaning it had coraline growth..
Does that seem about right?

I will put in my .02 here. I have been to the 4 sw shops in spokane that I know of and as for the enviroment and staffing I would have to recommend Barbie at Aquarium Solutions, kinda odd hours being closed mondays and tuesdays, but she is really nice and she tries to tell you what you need to know, not what you want to hear.

Haven't been to Barbie's shop yet, but I have been at Aquatic Dreams once or twice, well maybe 3 times:D. Everything that runs my 300 came from Kevin, he never lead me astray, or talked me into something I didn't need. Just my.02.

yeah i second that. for l.r i go to kev when he has some new in from peeps tanks ..try to find pieces from tanks or swap a piece or two from someone for frag...my tank started with 40lbs from a 14yr old tank and baaaaaaaam insta tank cycle goood good ...he just has a good supplier with a good eye no bad pieces eva..but i go to barb for frag ..if u are into lps then shes it...petco south hill carries aloooot more than div...store alot!l.p.s. gooo!

advanced aquarium by sprague/havanna is pretty good. He is in the same building as some auto shop.

He has helped me get started up and has given me some good advice; instead of just trying to make a sale. He has used equipment for sale, etc etc.

I shop regularly at Aquarium Solutions (Barbie) and Aquatic Dreams (Kevin) and they're both great people!! Both sponsor this forum, both have a lot of knowledge and are very friendly. Vince owns Advanced Aquarium and Terrarium and is also a great guy. I've always been able to find great prices at his shop too.

There is a place in N. Idaho but for the life of me, I can't remember the name of it....sorry. I've been meaning to go see the place but just haven't made it. I believe it's near Hayden Lake.

There is one other Saltwater shop in the Spokane area that I would advise NOT going to...lol. I won't put the name here in the public post though. That just wouldn't be right. I am sure others know exactly where I'm talking about and would be happy to discuss my reasons in PM.

The store in North Idaho is called Inland Ocean. Your right returnofsid, it's in Hayden. One of the meetings this year was out at his place. Very nice guy! He has a web site.

Thanks!

Good to know info! Thanks! I have only been to Aquaticdreams so far. I got my skimmer and rock there.
I like talking with Kevin, he is easy to talk to, doesnt seem to mind the newbie questions. :D

I pretty much only go to Barbie...
Evergreen pet on sprague and near Evergreen (in spokane valley) has some SW stuff. Their regal tangs look BAD, but they have LR for 4.99 a lbs. when i lost the receipt for the HOT filter (that i didn't want) the fish store not to be named sold my wife, i returned it there and got LR. it was neither good nor bad... their lion fish look good, but Barbie is the best. I'm not saying Kevin is bad, and i've been meaning to see Vince. I just haven't had the time to see him yet.

Kevins a great person to go to for SPS and some fish, also he's into Large tanks. If your building one definatly check him out.

Barbie is another Great Person to go to for both fresh and salt water, both Kev and Barb are Knowledge based people that Really care about the inhabitants, they dont sell just for profit(What little there is) but for true love of the hobbie.

Vince's Place is a wierd setup, he has used equiptment for those with tight budgets, and does barter a bit, he also does both salt and fresh water. Also he does Dart Frogs for those who have a vendetta...lol

For the unmentioned Place!!!!! That im banned from!!! i should'nt mention.... the LDFS

Local Dead Fish Store. My daughters input!! lol

Or could be subtitled LDA store. He likes to kill anemones too. I'm not sure how a single T5 N.O. Bulb would support photosynthesis? Any ideas :(

Back