Strang Situation-clown/anemone

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

cookie

cat
Background: 1 small true percula clown had for 6 months, 1 bigger oscellaris TANK RAISED clown had since February 2009. Small true percula originally had a LTA until it started eating EVERTHING and I had to get rid of. Added a rose buble anemone and he (true peerculla) would not go into the anemone. Added the big oscellaris with no problems. Both got a long fine but neither were allowing an anemone to host them...3 months has gone by.

Now... After making a contraption to encourage my little guy to host in the rose bubble anemone (only the little guy because from what i was told, the tank raised oscellaris has NEVER hosted and I know my True percula is a hoster). So anyway, weather it was etical to force the hosting is neither here nor there becase I did it and its done and the anomone is hosting him. My female could not care less. When she comes to check out what the little guys is doing, he gets out of the anemone and swim kind of underneath it but she wont come too close and has never even touched the anemone. Will she learn from the little guy? And isnt this opposite of what should be going on? What will happen? Will they break up? I checked several times through out the night and my little guy was in the anemone and the bigger female was at least a foot away. They used to both hang out together over my torch together at night.. Just looking for advise.

I have a pair of clowns. one perc (big) and on oscillarus small and the perc would host the BTA and not let the small one into the BTA but at night the small one would hide under the lip of the BTA and when the perc would leave the BTA he would sneek in there untill the perc seen him then chace him out..
These clowns have been paired for three years or so..

They way I understand things is that the BIGGER clown should be in or at least around the anemone and my BIG one has NO interest in the anemone and my LITTLE guy hangs out in it all day. Does anyone think the little guy can teach the girl eventually what to do?

Back