Strange Question

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

jbudgeon

I realize this is a strange question but here goes. ;) When I lived in spokane I visited a lady by the name of Helen who lives on the south hill. She and her husband have this ginormous reef tank in their living room I believe it's a 1200 gallon or 1500 gallon tank. Anyways, on either side of the tank is two "hidden" doors to the fish room behind the tank. I want to incorporate this hidden door effect in my design. If anyone knows who I'm talking about does anyone have a picture of this tank? I believe she owns or owned a fish shop at one time ( It might of been the one on 3rd, but not sure). I think her husband owned a electronics company or he built motor control cabinets who knows :confused:
Thanks for the help.

They still have that tank. It's a sight to behold!! I wanna say it's 2500 gallons, but it may be "only" 2000 gallons.

The tank is actually concrete, with an acrylic viewing pane. So, the tank isn't actually built into the wall...the tank is an entire room, itself....lol.
The doors, on either side of the tank, lead "up stairs," to a cat walk, which winds around the top of the tank, from which you can look down into the tank, and get spit at by the huge Unicorn Tang, if you're lucky. The tank is lit by 10X1000 watt halide bulbs!! The chiller is the size of a small car!!

Let me see if I can find some pictures of it for you.

Last edited:
They still have that tank. It's a sight to behold!! I wanna say it's 2500 gallons, but it may be "only" 2000 gallons.

The tank is actually concrete, with an acrylic viewing pane. So, the tank isn't actually built into the wall...the tank is an entire room, itself....lol.
The doors, on either side of the tank, lead "up stairs," to a cat walk, which winds around the top of the tank, from which you can look down into the tank, and get spit at by the huge Unicorn Tang, if you're lucky. The tank is lit by 10X1000 watt halide bulbs!! The chiller is the size of a small car!!

Let me see if I can find some pictures of it for you.

yes I'm not sure of the size but it's big, and thanks for looking for pics.

He designed the control board, the automated wavemakers and the entire electrical system, for the tank.

No, she isn't active on any boards. I'll have to see if she's even willing to have any pictures posted. They enjoy their privacy and I respect that. I do have some photos of the system, but will await her approval, before posting anything.

He designed the control board, the automated wavemakers and the entire electrical system, for the tank.

No, she isn't active on any boards. I'll have to see if she's even willing to have any pictures posted. They enjoy their privacy and I respect that. I do have some photos of the system, but will await her approval, before posting anything.

thanks a lot :)

Dude 2000 gallons worth of reef should be shared and possibly even charge at the door to see in person (to off set the electrical costs to maintain that system).

Back