Such thing as a yellow aptasia?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

twilliard

What next?
It grows like aptasia and kinda looks like aptasia but is it?
Or is it a yellow polyp?
yellowzoo.jpg

Thanks all
Todd

sometimes I wonder if the common yellow polyps aren't actually a form of aptasia ! They grow just as prolifically. I would say those are yellow polyps, but see what other people say.

Thanks, I ask because they are moving. They started as 2 polyps out in the middle of that open area and now they are moving into my blues. Also making new little ones on the way.

If I have to I will Joes Juice them, so peoples let me know what you think. (or I could try to move them)

When I first started in the hobby, I got some. They very quickly took over everything and I vowed never to get any ever again. Your choice, but if it were me and they were headed towards any of my zoas, I'd
juice" them ! :)

Yellow polyps are the one thing peppermint shrimp will go after besides aiptasia, because they are related to aiptasia (and grow like it.)

They look like yellow polyps. They do spread quickly. I keep them in my tank. I control them by fragging. Use a chisel or bone cutters and remove a thin layer of rock/polyps/and all. Glue them to a new rock. I have had no problem finding them homes or trading them at the LFS. They are a great beginner coral. If it is just a couple of polyps that are in the wrong place, you can control them like aptasia. You can mix up some kalk paste and coat them. IMO fragging would be a better alternative.
Jason

I have decided to frag them to their own rock. It is true it would be a great coral for some one.

Thanks for all the info

Back