sucidal anemone

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

boatswainmate

gads looks like my anemone decided to move today while i was at work and is now stuck in the inlet slots of a koralia 2 i curently turned the power of to the k2 and hopeing that it will dislodge it self ill get pictures up after i get back ...... anybody got any good ideas on how to get it out if it cant get out on its own???????

gads looks like my anemone decided to move today while i was at work and is now stuck in the inlet slots of a koralia 2 i curently turned the power of to the k2 and hopeing that it will dislodge it self ill get pictures up after i get back ...... anybody got any good ideas on how to get it out if it cant get out on its own???????

Just leave the pumps off (all of them if you can). The anemone will slowly crawl out, and then once he is out you will want to watch him and make sure his foot is still attached to something before you turn any pumps of. Once partially through a pump is OK, twice is bad news!

If you try to pry him out it will just get worse... its like your kids who put their heads through the stairway rails, they got in, they'll find a way out but may be a little worse for wear :)

i turned the pump off went shoping and he let loos minus a cuple of tenticals and its just kinda all pissy the clown is loving on it so i hope its ok .... we shall see

If you try to pry him out it will just get worse... its like your kids who put their heads through the stairway rails, they got in, they'll find a way out but may be a little worse for wear :)

Bad childhood memory flash back. Thanks! :eek:

Depending on the health of the anemone, and the level of damage inflicted, most survive just fine. My purple LTA used to do the same thing about every 3 months or so until I got rid of it. Keep in mind if it happened once, it can happen again...

Nick

Back