Suggestions needed, tank leaking..

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Yea man, should be an easy transfer. The main thing will be trasferring the new tank's live stock and live rock etc to your place as quickly and safely as possible. I would probably even suggest getting big containers that you can tranfer the liverock in submerged and use some of the water from the new tank for the transfer. You really don't want to experince any die-off. :)
cool, this just came up, Unique 45 Gal Hexagon Corner Tank with black trim and base. Great condition, no light. Includes heater and background.
View attachment 40856 40.00

as u know i went back to sand, but left the 1''1/2 egg crate base under the rock and added sand to it...should i just used the sand, and put the lr there

as u know i went back to sand, but left the 1''1/2 egg crate base under the rock and added sand to it...should i just used the sand, and put the lr there

I'm not totally sure what you mean by, "should I just used the sand and put the live rock there?" :oops: What do you mean by that?? LOL!

would u keep all the live rock in the middle of the tank like it was or fill up the back and sides, and move to the front of the tank. had it all in the middle to aid in keeping it clean

would u keep all the live rock in the middle of the tank like it was or fill up the back and sides, and move to the front of the tank. had it all in the middle to aid in keeping it clean

Well, you definately don't want the rocks up against the glass to cause deadspots to be formed. The more rock you add, quite possibly the more flow you will need. I say set it up the way it looks good to you and then from there, adjust your flow accordingly. Me personally, I like my rocks centered in the tank so I can get good flow all around. I once stacked my rocks against the backwall and had nothing but problems trying to keep the tank clean. :rolleyes:

Well, you definately don't want the rocks up against the glass to cause deadspots to be formed. The more rock you add, quite possibly the more flow you will need. I say set it up the way it looks good to you and then from there, adjust your flow accordingly. Me personally, I like my rocks centered in the tank so I can get good flow all around. I once stacked my rocks against the backwall and had nothing but problems trying to keep the tank clean. :rolleyes:
thats what i thought as well, i hope this tank comes through, i will keep you posted...

after thinking about it for awhile...iam getting out of the hobbie, for a min...dont have the time and the money, or the no how to set one up right...thanks to all that have helped...giving some stuff away, for local pickup, look in the classifieds....thanks again.

Back